Chapter 9

A while after Xian disappeared with Xichen, Zhan opened his eyes which made Yibo smile in glee. When he noticed Zhan's eyes moving, he immediately prepared his body to do whatever Zhan wants him to do and also prepared himself to do anything just so he could assist Zhan.

"Zhan," Yibo called out, trying to not tell Zhan about what happened and what he felt earlier. He doesn't want to scare Zhan about his situation. "Yibo," Zhan called weakly but still managed to sit up and gave a smile to Yibo. "Zhan," Yibo called back but this time, he got up and was about to pour Zhan a cup of water when he noticed his hand trembling. 

"Why am I like this?"

Yibo asked himself, trying to stop his trembling hand but instead, tears came out that was followed by sobs. He tried to stop his sobs so that Zhan will not notice him. "Yibo?" Zhan called which made Yibo stiffen up. He thought that he was caught and so to hide the evidence, he wiped off the tears that stained his face and replaced his frown with a smile as he turned around. 

"Hm?" Yibo acted as if nothing happened and poured water into the glass that he was holding. He then walked to Zhan and gave him the glass which Zhan responded with a 'thank you'. "That was good," Zhan sighed and put the glass on the table that was placed beside his bed.

"Why were you crying Yibo?" that one particular question made Yibo freeze while eyeing Zhan who was also staring at him. "Z-Zhan," Yibo wanted to divert the topic that was about to be tackled but Zhan didn't mind him and confessed something, "I know..." Yibo stood still while Zhan was now looking down at his fingers fidgeting with each other.

"What-" Yibo was cut off by Zhan, "I knew about my condition and decided to keep quiet about it since I don't want all of you to be worried," Zhan explained but YIbo did not understand Zhan's point so he asked, trying to hide his disappointed voice. "Why?" Yibo asked Zhan but the older didn't answer, instead, he just kept fidgeting with his fingers and would avert his gaze whenever Yibo wants to have eye contact with him. 

"Why are you so selfish?" Yibo asked Zhan, unable to mask out his tone and asked Zhan in a harsh tone. "Yibo-" Zhan was about to exclaim when he heard Yibo's booming voice, "why did you keep quiet about it?! Did you know how worried we were?! Me, Xichen and you brother! We were worried for you and here you are, knowing about how your situation but decided to keep quiet about it since you don't want us to worry," Yibo expressed all his feelings by scolding Zhan harshly. 

Zhan wanted to explain his side because he thought that Yibo was done but the younger was far from done, "did you know how worried I was earlier?! When I saw you on your bed, almost lifeless, with doctors shouting things here and there trying to revive you! Zhan...how could you be so selfish?!" Yibo broke down. He let all of his tears that he was trying to hide earlier so badly, afraid that it'll affect Zhan negatively but right now, all he cared was for Zhan to understand how he felt earlier...the fear that he felt earlier, losing Zhan, the love of his life. 

"Yibo I really don't want you to worry-"

"How can I not worry about the person I love?!" Yibo shouted so sudden that Zhan was shocked to his core.

"Wha-What?" Zhan wanted to hear Yibo say it, just making sure that he wasn't spacing out or hearing things because of his desperation to be with Yibo.

"I was worried...that you won't come back...and that I'll not be able to confess my feelings to you. If I was not able to do that then I would live and die with regret," Yibo confessed while Zhan watched him as his eyes brimmed with tears, waiting for him to blink so that they would get released.