Chapter 4

As Xichen stared at Xiao Zhan, Yibo was surprised why Xichen halted and so, he looked at who was inside the ward and there he saw the man who contacted him, the man who broke his heart and the man who rejected him with so much hatred at his tone that Yibo can never forget.

"Xichen-ge," Zhan called out with his voice that made him sound fragile that if touched carelessly, he'll break. "Z-Zhan," Xichen stuttered unable to grasp the situation in his head. When he first met Zhan, he was different from what he is right now, his body was still healthy and not like this, all he could see was that Xiao Zhan became skin and bones.

"What happened to you?" Xichen asked as he made his way to Xiao Zhan and pulled a chair for him to sit so that he can hear the explanation of the frail-looking man in front of him. "A-Ah," Zhan hesitated. He hesitated whether he should explain his situation to his friend or choose to hide it but in the end, he changed the topic. "Where's Bo-di?" he forced out a smile while asking Xichen who nodded, understanding the situation that Zhan is not yet open to talking about it.

"Yibo?" Xichen called out his best friend who was stuck, standing on the door with shock, pain and many emotions expressed in his eyes. "Come inside," Xichen urged Yibo to come inside but what he did was something unexpected, "I visited you, I'm here, what do you want?" Yibo tried to sound calm but it seems that his hidden emotions were overflowing to the point where he talked to Zhan with a hateful tone.

"Yibo," Xichen's voice became low, reminding Yibo that he has to change this attitude of his or he'll regret it. "What?" Yibo snapped at his best friend who was glaring at him. "Why are you doing this?" his voice was asking for an answer. Xichen needed an answer so that he'll not blame Yibo if ever something happens to Zhan after this.

Xiao Zhan who was quiet the whole time decided to remain silent and that he'll step up if ever things will get out of hand. "Why am I doing this? Ha! This...what I'm doing right now is considered to be the light punishment for you because what you did to me back then...you broke a part of me...a piece of me that I'm unable to get back," Yibo expressed his true feelings and this sudden confession made Zhan guilty and Xichen quiet.

"Yibo, I-" Zhan was about to talk when Yibo cut him, "No Zhan...I don't need your explanation because I clearly remember the words you used to reject me back then," Yibo said and then walked out, leaving Xiao Zhan and Xichen all alone.

Xichen who recovered from what happened decided to ask Zhan about other things since he might feel uncomfortable after what he heard earlier from Yibo. 

"Xichen-ge, why are you here?" Zhan changed their topic and Xichen who was paying attention to Zhan answered truthfully. "I'm here to support Yibo whenever something happens. I really thought that you became a doctor at this hospital and that you wanted to talk to Yibo...but-"

"A patient," Zhan cut Xichen short since he noticed that the older felt uncomfortable saying the word 'patient'. XIchen who let out a sigh of relief turned his head towards the door thinking that maybe Yibo will come back and apologize to Zhan since what he did was immature of him. He was different from his usual attitude, it seemed that the cold Yibo crumbled down when he saw Xiao Zhan.

"Ah, I'm sorry for dragging you here," Zhan apologized but Xichen told him, "none of this is your fault. I came here to support Yibo but you're the one whom I supported at the end," Xichen replied and scratched his head while slightly laughing. 

"Truth to be told, I was expecting more than that ge...I thought that he would cause a scene because of me telling him to come here but he didn't, he remained his usual self," Zhan sighed while Xichen became dumbfounded when he heard Xiao Zhan that what Yibo did earlier was 'normal'.