Chapter 12 (Last Chapter)

"Yibo's not dead!" Zhan cried out, letting all his tears stream down his face as he stared at the people surrounding him with pure hatred. "Zhan," Xian tried to call out with his voice now broken. Even though a month had passed since Yibo's passing, Xian couldn't help but blame himself for what happened because, for him, the reason for Yibo's death was the call he made. 

"Zhan," Xian was now crying as he looked at his brother who was shocked at what he just knew. I mean, who would remain calm after learning that the love of your life was the one who sacrificed himself for you to continue living in this world?

"Where's Yibo?" Zhan tried to stand up but failed to do so since his legs were not of use since he just woke up from a coma.  Xichen on the other hand tried his best to not let his emotions take control of him. He just lost his best friend who was able to keep up with his attitude, the only person whom he had considered as his close brother and could take him as his brother...only if Yibo let him

"Yibo? Yibo!" Zhan called out, hoping that the people around him were just playing a joke and he was also hoping that the man whom he had desperately been finding would just be at the other side of the door, grinning to himself thinking that his plan to surprise Zhan.

It was true that Yibo was on the other side, not on the door but on the afterlife.

"Yibo!" Zhan called out his name as tears raced out from his eyes. He was a crying mess, to the point that if someone who didn't know him could see, they'll immediately say that this person has become mad. 

How can a person be not driven to madness after knowing that their beloved had just died and that a piece of them remains inside of you?

"Zhan," Xichen walked towards Zhan as he clutched the bag that Yibo entrusted to him tightly. Xiao Zhan looked at Xichen with red eyes but it held no positive emotions, only loneliness, sadness and mostly emptiness. Xichen knew how Yibo completed Zhan and how Zhan completed Yibo. If one of them isn't present then the other would also think that it's better off to be dead, to be with the other in the afterlife.

"Xichen-ge..." Zhan called out but it was hard to tell what emotion he was projecting as his tone remained emotionless. "Hmm?" Xichen asked, still clutching the bag tightly as if it was Yibo himself.

"Where is Yibo?" Zhan asked, hoping for a good answer from them. Even though his voice held no emotion, he still managed to ask that question even though he knows the answer but deep down inside, he was hoping...still hoping that Yibo was alive.

"Zhan..." Xichen tried to make Zhan understand that Yibo was no longer with them and Xiao Zhan who seemed to notice the attempt of Xichen, immediately shouted, "WANG YIBO, IF YOU DON'T SHOW YOURSELF THEN LET'S BREAK UP!" Zhan's voice echoed throughout the room. Other people might find it bothersome for someone to shout but for Xian and Xichen, they could only lower their heads.

Seeing that there was no reply, Zhan shouted again, "WANG YIBO, IF YOU WON'T SHOW YOURSELF THEN I...I...I WON'T LOVE YOU ANYMORE!" Zhan mustered his strength to shout those words just so he could make his lover show himself to him. But after this attempt, he noticed that there was no Yibo in front of him.

After a moment of silence, the three of them kept their heads low, as if they were having a staring contest with the ground. Zhan whose head was now mixed up with all things finally came up to a conclusion, "he's really gone," he said as he started to sob.

"Yibo's gone...he's gone, he...he..." Zhan wasn't able to finish his statement when he fell unconscious.

---