Chapter 6

A week had passed when Zhan accepted Yibo's proposal and since then Yibo visited him every day as if it became a part of his daily routine and every time he visits Zhan, he would never forget to bring something to please the sick man.

Yibo arrived at the hospital carrying a food pack that Zhan wanted yesterday but he was unable to buy it since the shop that Zhan mentioned closed early. 

Yibo then knocked at Zhan's door and it opened suddenly and showed a bunch of doctors making their way out of Zhan's room, passing at Yibo. One of the doctor's met with Yibo's gaze and what Yibo saw in the doctor's eyes was sadness. It was as if the doctor pitied him. When all of the doctors disappear from Yibo's line of sight, he then went inside and there he saw Xiao Zhan, looking at the window with so much seriousness that he was unable to notice Yibo coming inside his room. Noticing this, Yibo just let Zhan be and sat at the chair that was situated near the door and continued staring at Zhan's figure who had the little bunny in his arms, caressing it gently.

Yibo studied Xiao Zhan's complexion and all he could say was that Zhan was getting worse as time goes by. His body was getting thinner as if one touch could break him and he was getting paler as if something was sucking all his blood out. Seeing this somehow made Yibo sad, seeing his friend and first love suffering from a disease that he had never opened up to him. 

"Yibo, you're here," Zhan exclaimed staring at his visitor who never failed to miss a day and always brings something with him. "What did you bring?" Zhan asked Yibo with anticipation obvious in his tone. The bunny who saw Yibo immediately jumped off Zhan's arms and hopped its way to Yibo and gave off the idea that he also wanted to be picked up by the person who brought him to the place, "oh, look xiao Bo wants you to pick him up!" Zhan said while Yibo stiffened when he heard the bunny's name, "you named the bunny?" Zhan nodded as an answer.

"Yes, his name is Bo. I named  Behim yesterday when you bought carrots for him. I thought that it would be good that he's named after you. After all, you're the one who found him," Zhan explained while Yibo nodded at the other's explanation and gave the food he brought to Zhan and proceeded into carrying the bunny which was longing for his other owner to pick him up.

"Canelé!" Zhan exclaimed in happiness when he saw the food that was brought by Yibo. "Yeah, I remembered how much you wanted them since yesterday," Yibo said with his whole attention poured on the bunny who was snuggling to him non-stop. While Yibo was busy entertaining the bunny, Zhan looked at Yibo with a happy expression before he started eating his canelé. He noticed how his room's atmosphere changed when Yibo visited him every day. His lonely room was suddenly turned into a happy one, with so many positive vibes occupying the whole room.

"Thank you," Zhan thanked Yibo while munching the canelé. Yibo who saw this immediately scolded the man, "talking is prohibited while eating," he said and touched his imaginary beard which made him laugh. 

"HAHAHAHA you're funny Yibo," Zhan laughed and Yibo was contented when he heard Zhan's laugh once more, hearing Zhan's laugh can make Yibo's day happy and his efforts on leaving the studio early so that he could just buy Xiao Zhan canelés had finally paid off. But then his happiness was turned into worry when he noticed that Zhan choked. 

"OH MY GOD!" Yibo exclaimed and grabbed the water bottle from his bag and gave it to the man who choked on his canelé. Zhan did not waste any time and grabbed it, gulping the water quickly and he immediately wiped the water that dripped from his chin and landed on the blanket.

"That's why I said that talking is prohibited when eating!" Yibo shouted which shook Zhan from his sudden loud booming voice. "Geez, there's no need to shout Yibo," Zhan said, calmly as if nothing had happened but Yibo was still trembling of what happened because something might happen to Xiao Zhan if he wasn't alert. He could've died!