-NEWS-972-

A figure dressed in a sleek blue suit takes a seat at the near-empty conference table. Her face is painted in American colors, hiding the Oklahoma flag underneath. People with brushes and pads of foundation and blush flock to her, brushing her face and filling in any lacking spots with red, white, and blue. The color is off, but it is as close as the color pallets can manage. She smiles blandly for the camera. After all, she was only here for a paycheck. 

The cameraman looks at her before peering into the camera. He holds up a hand.

3

2

1

"Good morning everybody," she recites alongside the teleprompter's script, "as you know, my colleagues in Estonia are watching the developing story surrounding the emergency meeting our great country had to attend."

Behind her, she could imagine his picture. Spiked up, heterochromatic hair, and a face shining with the replica of the flag hanging in the back of her newsroom, right behind the old teleprompter. A goofy smile and golden eyes peeking over the edge of a pair of dollar store sunglasses.

He was her hero. He was what she hoped to be since primary school.

"And according to new information, the former Soviet Union," she gets a sour taste in her mouth, "will also be attending this meeting along with the Federations of East Asia."

She continues to read the teleprompter, focusing on keeping her tone even and fast, not registering any of the words.