Hold Me || B. Sinclair

Bo Sinclair X Reader (Gender Neutral)

Warnings: angst, hurt/comfort, Bo being sad and just wants to be held :(

Word Count: 523

For you, today had been a breeze. Not that you even remember anything that happened today. You sat on the couch, your feet propped up on the coffee table (even though you're always yelling at the boys for it), scrolling through your phone with the TV on in the background.

You honestly weren't even paying attention to your phone either. You were more interested in the fact that Bo was due home any minute now.

Perhaps napping with Bo didn't sound so bad.

Your heart skipped a beat when the front door opened, but you remain seated, not wanted to seem eager to be in his embrace. Your heart skipped another beat just watching him make his way towards where you were on the couch.

"Hi baby." You smiled up at him as he sat down beside you. He didn't say anything back, your eyes subtly narrowing in on his rigid form. "Are you alright?" You questioned, turning your body to face his.

Bo stays quiet, not even looking at you. It was rare that he got this way. You didn't want to say or do anything that would upset him further or set him off.

He took off his hat, throwing it on the table, before running his hands through his hair. You didn't say anything, just watched. You noticed how tired he appeared. You shuffled a bit to make sound, and slowly let your hand set on his shoulder.

"Bo?" You finally spoke again, getting immensely worried about him when he wasn't his usual chatterbox self.

"Sorry." His voice cracked.

His voice cracked?

"For what? you didn't do anything." You stated, eyebrows furrowing quizzically. "Fuck." He whispered, ignoring what you said to run his hands down his face, wiping his tears along the way.

You felt your heart strings tug.

Bo was a tough man and if he's on the verge of tears, then you knew that something was really bothering him. You tugged on his arm, pulling him to turn around to face you, letting him bury his head into your chest.

He wrapped his arms around your torso and you could feel him slightly tremble. You pretend not to hear his pitiful sounds, for both his sake and yours.

"Can you just hold me for a minute?" He sounded desperate and broken. Fuck.

"Of course, Bo." You hoped hearing his own name would ground him at least a bit. You laid back on the couch, bringing Bo down with you. You ran your fingers through his hair, carefully avoiding a specific scar in the back there, knowing how sensitive it was, knowing that touching it now would set him off so much more.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" You asked him, even though he'd most likely say no. You felt him shake his head no, expectedly, against your chest, you nodded gently, "that's okay too." You whisper knowing that he'll hear you. Your heart aches for him. You wished you could make everything bothering him go away. You know you can't, that there's too much on his shoulders. So you just hold him, like he asked of you.