Chapter Six

We both climbed down the ladder, and fought our way through the darkness, bumping and crashing into things, but at last, we made it through the door.

Just to see that it was heavily pouring with rain.

Under the watchful light of the moon, Xander smiled at me, and said: "Are you ready to run through the rain?" I grinned back and replied: "Yup!" 

We ran towards the house. By the time we got to the front door, we were both soaked. Laughing, I unlocked the door and let him in. "You have a really nice house." He said, looking around as I flicked the lights on. "Well, thank you for the compliment, but I'll have to take it from behalf of Kate, Lex and Lars. After all, I do live with them." I smiled. I rushed upstairs and found the torch, then I jumped downstairs and said to Xander who was sitting on the couch: "I have the torch, let's go!" Xander smirked at me and asked: "Jules, you like me right?" "Y-yeah... as a friend. Of course I like you as a friend." I tried to cover up my nervousness. "No, I mean, more than a friend." Xander leaned back on the couch. "Come sit." He patted the seat next to him. I sat down. "So what if I do?" I blurted out. Realizing my mistake, my eyes widened and I covered my mouth and jumped up. "Jules, where are you going? You know its dangerous outside! Let me come with you." He stood up and walked to the wall where I'm bashing my head gently on the wall, wishing that the floor would swallow me up. "Hey, don't do that to yourself." He lifted my head and held my hand. "Let's go." Xander said, leading me towards the doorstep.  We rushed through the rain for the second time. We locked the door of the barn and switched the torch on. 

Blood.

On the floor.

Everywhere.