Chapter Eight

I woke up. "Is she alright?" "How's Jules doing?" "Has she woken up?" I could hear voices around me as I stirred and tried to open my eyes. "No, no, shh, go back to sleep, you need it." Gentle hands slowly closed my sleepy eyelids as my head started throbbing and I fell back into a deep sleep.

I woke to someone pressing something cold to my lips. I opened my eyes properly and saw that it was a glass of water. I gulped it down, and felt that my head wasn't as painful as before. I saw a blurry figure standing over me. I focused my eyes and found Rocky's face leaning down towards me. "Are you okay?" He asked concerned. "Well, my visions blurry, and I feel dizzy, but other than that, yes, I'm okay. But since when do you care?!" I said harshly. "That's no way to talk to someone who just saved your life." Rocky said, raising his eyebrows. "YOU saved my life?" I scoffed. "You wouldn't save my life for toffee." "Believe it or not, I did. Because if I didn't catch you when you fell, you would have already had a concussion from hitting your head to the ground. Xander was too busy staring at the blood on the floor to notice, so of course, being such an amazing person I am, I helped you." He winked. 

Here's the backstory to me and Rocky. I'm competitive. And so is he. We usually compete against each other, in acdemics, in sports, so on. He has a huge ego, which I hated, but again, I have a huge ego too. All my friends say I should go out with him, and I just look at them as if they are crazy. Which they are. I can't, and won't, imagine me going out with Rocky DeWinter. He has ZERO personality. Or maybe I just don't know him that well. But I don't want to know him. 

I could hear sirens in the distance, and Rocky looked up and said: "Good, the police are here." He turned to me and made sure I was okay, brushing my hair off my face. I asked worridly: "How's Lex? Is he alright?" Rocky's face turned grave. "Lex isn't there. We couldn't find him anywhere. There was blood all over the floor, as if someone had dragged his body out of the barn. We think he's dead." I gasped. "LEX IS DEAD?!"