II: Start a war

Victoria refused to go out of her room. Thinking about how she became the main course of gossip feels like utter an nightmare. For twenty one years she had lived her life without any major scandals.

This was her first one ever.

And so she plans to hide in the comforts of her room, until she gathered enough strength and confidence to face the nobles.

Whenever her mind wanders to the events of the engagement party she couldn't help but to wish she would suddenly banish or pop like a bubble. But after feeling all the embarrassment her mind would comeback to Ethan.

She wanted to curse him to death. Yet, she cannot also refuse that she also felt hurt. She and Ethan was really going well. Before Ethan left as a knight to fight at the border he promised Victoria that he will marry her.

Apparently he lied.

She felt her door opened, annoyed that someone interrupted her solace she covered herself more with her blankets. "I said I wanted to be alone." She says with a muffled voice.

"I said I wanted to be alone" The person mimicked her voice annoyingly and opened up the curtains. "No can do princess, you have visitors." She recognized the voice of her stupid cousin Dmitri.

"What's the hell is your problem?" She sat up not caring if she looks like a mess. She glared at the Dmitri who looks like he doesn't care.

"Is that how you greet your favourite cousin?" He asked while batting his eyes.

"Close the drapes!" She ordered him but Dmitri opened more curtains and even the glass door of her balcony. The room was now very bright.

"That's more like it. You know, for a moment there, I thought this was a demon's lair" Dmitri says satisfied and finally turned around to see his cousin.

"Wow you look ugly." He rudely said.  Victoria picked up the nearest pillow and threw it in his face—only he dodged it. His expression turned smug and was clearly teasing her.

"Now, now there is no need to get violent." He sat on the corner of her bed. "You can't hide here forever, you're like the unofficial crown princess."

"What do you want?" She asked straight to the point.

"I want you to get up and get dressed. You have already been stuck in your room for three days. The crown prince is already looking for you. You need to discuss the matters of your marriage."

Victoria didn't move.

"And the empress will be visiting here later."

There, she felt as if she was splashed by cold water. Dmitri smiled devilishly, he purposely saved that detail because he wanted to see her surprised  reaction.

"You! How dare you not say that earlier. Oh my goodness. I need to fix myself." Victoria almost jumped from her bed as she panicked and quickly calls her maid to prepare her a dress and prepare her a bath. All while Dmitri was having the time of his life watching her panic.

After getting ready Victoria decided that it will be better if she entertain the empress at their garden instead. The empress has earth affinity and has the ability to grow flowers so she might be more comfortable here. She decided to wear a light floral lilac dress that flows just pass the knee. It has a matching summer hat with the same color with lace chin straps. Her hair is tied in an half up half down, parted sideways.

Soon the empress arrived and the Osborne's went to greet her except the Duke who was not present.

"Your Majesty" The ladies curtsied and the men bowed.