V: Tea Party

It was almost sunset when Victoria arrived at the rendezvous point. A big acacia tree sat at the top of the hill. She immediately spotted Ethan who had fallen asleep while leaning on the tree trunk. Rays of sunshine fell against his face and blonde hair making him appear more golden.

Victoria was only a meter away when Ethan opened his left eye, peeking at her. "My lady, you and I may have a different understanding of 4 o'clock." He says lazily, opening both of his eyes and standing up to greet me.

"Well, I apologize for the delay." Victoria replied shyly.

Ethan kissed her hands and slowly gazed from her body up to her pretty face. "It appears you left a button open Tori" He remarked as his eyes were fixed at her chest with unfinished button.

Victoria turned red as she stumbles to fix the top of her clothing. Her hands were a bit shaking but Ethan grabbed it and looked at her eyes.

"Allow me." He says and the lady who appeared to be hypnotized nodded slowly. Ethan quickly buttoned her up and Victoria was not breathing for a few moments.

Ethan was careful not to touch much skin in her chest. After that he looked into her eyes and the tension between them was so palpable. Victoria's hair was lightly blown by the wind and the afternoon sun rays reflected onto her beautiful eyes.

Two lovers underneath the acacia tree, unmistakably whipped for each other. The man slowly leaned in as the lady closed her eyes.

That was the day Victoria lost her first kiss.

Victoria woken up from from her slumber. She sat up her bed with a heavy feeling. She dreamt of Ethan, again.

'Ah it still hurts' she thought

All that he left her was lingering feelings, unanswered questions and an aching heart.

'Including nightmares too' she added in her thoughts.

Someone knocked at her door as she stared at her feet and allowed the visitor to come in. It was her father the duke who came into her room early in the morning. He had a stoic look on his face and purposely left his secretary outside for a one on one talk.

"I heard that today is the empress tea party." He initiated while facing the window, looking down on the gardeners that were working.

She should've seen this coming, her father will pressure her to marry the crown prince immediately. Not even once he asked her how she felt. The family reputation had always come first for the duke.

It was a mystery if the duke really loved his daughter.

"Yes, father." Victoria replied politely.

"Be wary of the empress, whatever happens you must marry the crown prince. Do you understand?" There were threat laced in his words.

"I do father."

The duke finally faced his daughter and walks towards her slowly. He held her chin and harshly made her face him. "This time I do will not condone anymore humiliation."

Victoria felt fear as she sensed the finality on her father's voice. The duke on the other hand felt better when he saw the fear on his daughter's eyes.

He smiled and softly tucked her hair behind her ear.

"You are the most noble woman in the empire, beautiful, smart and talented. Do not waste how i've doted on you, my dear daughter." The words was sweet but the intent was as clear as the skies.

There is no time to be emotional.

She must get to work.

Victoria arrived at the palace half an hour before the tea party. The invitation stated the theme was casual and floral but knowing the empress she brought back-up dresses in her carriage incase she set her up. She did not go down the carriage first excusing that she will rest for 5 minutes.