VI: Confrontation

Lady Eleanor admired her majesty's white roses. Her friends were scattered inside picking their favorite plants amongst the greenhouse. The empress left to personally brew her special tea and allowed everyone to wander off the garden for a moment.

"White is such a beautiful color isn't it." One of her friend Lady Kaya said as she touched the white rose. "It reminds me of her ladyship because of its pure and kind nature." She smiled while looking at the flower.

Eleanor blushes at the compliment.

"I don't believe that I am that kind. I am simply doing what I think is right." Eleanor replied.

The woman shaked her head. "But you are, it is your nature to be as gentle as a spring breeze and as pure as the clear skies. I am afraid you might change when introduced to politics." The woman smiled sadly.

Eleanor knows exactly what the lady means. She is afraid that Eleanor will lose her kindness the more she involve herself to politics.

Eleanor smiled. "I will never change."

"We could only hope. The company you keep will influence you one way or another." The lady said before finally leaving.

Her gaze followed her retreating friend as she looked around. Her eyes stopped to the dark red rose. Beautiful, bold and dangerous. It reminds her of a certain lady she knows.

She swept off her gaze and turn around just to find Ethan's fiance alone while touching a rabbit. Eleanor felt bad as the woman was such an outcast. She decided to come near Alicia and talk to her.

"Hi." She greeted.

The woman looked startled as she looked up at her. There were fear in her eyes in which Eleanor was worried about.

"Lady Eleanor." The woman stood up and bowed lightly.

After that they talked for a while and warmed up to each other. Just like Eleanor and the empress, Alicia has a hobby of gardening. With her being raised in a forest she was knowledgeable of plants especially herbs. She knows how to make medicines using these herbs.

"It amazes me how far your knowledge goes. Shall I schedule an afternoon for the both of us?" Eleanor suggests

Alicia excitedly nodded her head. "That would be an honor."

Alicia feeling proud and excited that she had found a friend looks at Victoria. She had always wanted to be a friend of Lady Victoria but she was afraid of her presence. And the fact that the lady most probably hates her.

But maybe she should try to talk to her.

First she could try to apologize and hope that the lady would warm up to her. Then eventually they could put everything behind them and be friends?

Meanwhile, Lady Victoria finally stood up from sitting and went to admire the sunflowers behind the cherry blossom tree. She was alone and her expression felt tranquil as she sat down and touched its petals.

"Lady Eleanor, if I may excuse myself." She said politely and left immediately before Eleanor could utter a response.

Victoria sat down and looked at the flowers infront of her. To be honest she never liked sunflowers, she just doesn't have the energy to play friends inside the greenhouse. She misses looking at the red rose inside but there were too many people.

The empress, her rival, her ex and her ex fiance's were all present. It's like the world purposely wanna drain her out. She just wants to get by the day and plan of something that would make the empress stop all of these nonsense.

"Lady Victoria." A voice came from her back. Victoria turned her head to see Alicia standing behind her.

"Alicia, shouldn't you be with Lord Montgomery?" Victoria asked plainly.