IV: Fiancee

Constantine shaked his head as his lips curl into a smirk. "It had been years it's only natural for me to grow up."

"Take a seat." He motioned her to the couch and assisted her to sit. His hand politely touched her shoulders.

"Am I distracting you from work?" Victoria asked and looked at the pile of paperworks on the crown prince desk.

"Not at all, do you want any refreshments?" Constantine offered her.

"Juice is fine any flavour would do." Victoria smiled as the prince called for a maid to request her drink.

"What brings you here? I was about to visit you tomorrow." He sat down on the couch in front of her. Constantine looked tired but even then he was incredibly handsome.

"I bought you a gift my dear fiance." Victoria said teasingly as she placed a bag over the wooden table that in between them.

"My my, what an honour to receive one from you." He mockingly replied as he opened the bag and took out a jewelry box inside.

"That's a thank you gift for saving me at my so called engagement party." She chuckled lightly and rested her palm against her cheek. She looked up and watched his cool expression. Stan had grown up and will continue to grow as a fine man.

She watched as he opened the box, his curious gaze lingered for a second before completely unveiling what's underneath. His eyes twinkled with amusement and stared at it for a while.

"Why the moon?" He asked pertaining to the pendant while still looking at the box.

"Because it's your favourite." Victoria answered shortly and smiled without reaching her eyes.

"You remembered.." Constantine was in awe, it surprised him that Victoria remembered such an unimportant detail. He felt butterflies in his stomach, something that he hasn't felt for a long time.

Time has changed but only one person can have such effect on him.

"It's an unreleased collection from Don. An exclusive necklace with light magic in the pendant. It will protect you from dark magic and curses." Victoria explained proudly.

"A necklace with light magic? I certainly haven't seen this one before." Constantine started to examine the pendant. "I have heard that scholars have started to research upon storing light magic on common objects. But this is my first time to see the real thing." He continued then he tried to wear the necklace.

"Here, let me help you." She stood up and went to him. After that she took the necklace from his hand.

"Turn around, Your highness" She said and Constantine obediently turned his back against her. He felt the warmth of her skin as as she lightly grazes his neck and shoulder while putting on the necklace on him. He felt a little bit fuzzy at the contact.

Her hands stayed on the back of his neck longer as she locked the necklace. "It is done, your highness." She whispered in his ear and he felt her hot breath against his skin. He tried to mask the tingling sensation by facing her with a furrowed eyebrow and an annoyed expression.

"Drop the honorifics. Call me by my nickname."

Victoria chuckled. "I see that you're still bossy as ever Stan."

Her eyes was glinting with mischief she had a small sweet smile plastered on her face. Stan's heart beat faster staring at the beautiful lady infront of him.

He had seen so many beautiful faces but everytime he looks at Victoria she always takes his breath away. He was indeed whipped.

"You looked tired." Victoria says as she reached up to touch the corner of his eyes. "Your eyes have dark circles underneath." Her tone was genuinely worried, oblivious of her effect to  Stan.