III: Loose threads

"How was the talk with the empress?" Dmitri asked Victoria as she was combing her hair.

She was wearing her nightgown while Dmitri was still in her knight uniform. "I basically started a war with the empress." She sighed.

"Is there anything I can do to help?" He asked her.

Victoria stopped and think about it for a moment. "You can seduce the marquess daughter." She said and touched her chin.

Dmitri was shocked that Victoria would use such method. Between the two of them Dmitri is more naughty and cunning. "Are you really my cousin?"

Victoria chuckled. "I am merely jesting."

Dmitri is one of the most handsome man in the empire. And is often described as the boy version of Victoria. Raven dark hair, chocolate brown eyes, thick eyebrows and red lips. Any woman can fall head over heels.

Their only difference is that Victoria has arched eyebrows and hazel eyes, which is one of her most eye catching feature. Depending on light exposure it would turn green and sometimes ember. But usually appears as light brown with green and gold flecks near the center of the eyes.

Victoria stopped brushing her hair as if she thought of something. "That child" She spoke softly. "He never got over me, did he?"

Dmitri's eyes grew soft and said.

"He had always been yours."

The next morning Victoria went shopping. She thought of giving Constantine a gift. She wanted something that represents a new beginning.

Something that symbolizes a new relationship.

'Perhaps a new watch?' She thought. 'Or maybe I should get us matching necklace or bracelets?'. In the end she figured that she will decide once she get to town.

After getting down the carriage, two knights accompanied her to the goldsmith. As soon as she got down, Victoria felt dizzy but she figured that it was because of motion sickness.

People stopped on their tracks and looked at Victoria as if she was some sort of star. Victoria was used to the stares because of her head turning beauty but this time they weren't just looking at her because she's gorgeous. She was the talk of the town.

The woman who was rejected in her own engagement ceremony.

The woman who is currently engaged to their crown prince.

Victoria Charlotte Osborne.

Wearing an off shoulder cream colored gown with matching summer hat, she was indeed a head turning beauty. She elegantly made it past the crowd along with their talks.

"I heard that she waited for her fiance to comeback only to get rejected." A fifty year old man say shaking his head. "Men these days got no chivalry at all anymore."

"I heard that the lady only wanted the diamond mine."

"Hey isn't she older than the crown prince?"

"She's really beautiful, eh no?"

One of the knight grew frustrated to the slanders thrown on their lady. "Give me the word your ladyship and I will cut the tongue of these leeches."

"Patience, gossips eventually die on their own." Victoria said unbothered as she entered the shop. It was small but was very lively.

"No! No! No! This is all wrong I said to make the flower daisies not sunflowers! Repeat this. Very simple instructions my god! You all cannot follow simple instructions!" The elf stomped his feet and crossed his arms. He was very red when another elf showed him an cufflink design.