The Fugitive: Part 1

"Oh, love the shirt, Jake. Lilith Fair '98 had the best lineup. Meshell Ndegeocello crushed it that year." Boyle complimented Jake, as Jake and Amy walked in the bullpen.

"Thank you, Boyle, but this is not my shirt. I slept at Amy's and I spilled ranch dressing on mine." Jake explained.

"Don't you have a drawer full of clothes at her place by this point?" Terry interrogated.

"Yeah, I spilled ranch dressing all over the drawer. What's so hard to understand about this, guys?" Jake questioned, defensively.

"Why don't you two move in together already? I thought you were planning to." Rose asked, crossing her arms.

"We are. We just haven't decided whose apartment we're going to live in. I think Jake should move into mine, because it's bigger, nicer, and isn't covered in black mold." Amy explained.

"Black mold, Amy? Not cool. Right, Terry?" Jake turned towards Terry to make him take his side but Terry just let out a confused, "what?"

"I rest my case. Besides, my place is cheaper and it's in a cooler neighborhood."

"Yeah. That neighborhood is technically called Cobblestink." Gina deadpanned.

Just then, the elevator door opened revealing Detective Frost, the whole bullpen went quiet. She walked in, maintaining her professional neutral expression, nodded at the Sargent and the detectives once before stopping at the Captain's door. Knocked once and went in when she heard the 'come in'.

Jake gasped. And Gina let out a 'daaymn'.

"Who do you think is that? Rosa is she your childhood best friend? Did you both go to the same scary expression camp?" Jake asks, grinning.

"Could be, I don't remember the faces." Rose answered, staring at the Captain's office.

"Huh... wait what?"

"My guess would be that she's the new detective joining the Nine-Nine." Terry revealed.

"What? You knew a new detective was joining and you didn't even tell us?" Charles questions, looking offended.

"Its because her last precinct was shut down due to low crime rates. It was very last minute. Captain Holt told me this morning." Terry explained.

"What happened is not important? What happens is what I'm thinking about! She could be a Die Hard fan!" Jake exclaimed.

The door of the Captain's office opened as Captain Holt stepped out followed by Detective Frost.

"Attention Squad! Let me introduce to our new detective, Detective Frost. She'll be joining us from this day forward." Captain Holt announced.

"Are you a Die Hard fan?" Jake blurted out quickly. "Sorry, I should introduce myself first. You must be thinking why is this strange man asking such a strange question. But are you?"

"I have watched it. But there are other cop movies that I prefer. And yes I did think that." Detective Frost answered.

"That's because you haven't watched it with me! I do great background commentary. You can ask anyone. Or my girlfriend, Detective Santiago, who will definitely agree with me." Jake grinned pointing towards Amy, who shook her head and moved forward to introduce herself.