The Slaughterhouse

Isabel was sitting on her desk finishing some of her paperwork. The day had just began but it had still been a chaotic one even for the Nine-Nine. Hitchcock and Scully had been fighting all day over something that Isabel couldn't be bothered to ask. But they were being very loud about their 'hate' for each other.

Jake and Rosa had come in earlier along with the NYPD legend Lieutenant Melanie Hawkins. The Lieutenant was looking very angry about some long going investigation that Jake and Rosa had disrupted.

For Isabel, on the other hand, it had been a quiet day and she wanted to keep it that way. She had had a bad nightmare from her past, that had woken her up at 4 and she hadn't been able to get any sleep after that.

Gina suddenly appeared at Isabel's desk. "You look like shit." She stated.

"Thanks." Isabel scoffed.

"So what's up?" Gina asked.

"Nothing. I just couldn't sleep last night." Isabel explained.

"And why is that?" Gina than gasped dramatically. "Was there a lady lover?"

Isabel let out a laugh. "Yeah, no. No lady lover."

Gina stared at her for a moment.

"You know I always get this very strong feeling that we've met before." She finally stated.

"Is that so?" Isabel questioned, raising her eyebrows.

"Yes and I'm going to find out how I know you." Gina told her. Isabel chuckled. "You do that."

Captain Holt appeared infront of them. "Gina, Detective Frost, I'd like to see you two in my office." He said and walked away. Gina and Isabel exchanged a look but followed after him.

__________

"As you know, my fountain pen is being re-nibbed in Germany." Holt told them, as they stood before him in his office.

"Yes, it's all no one is talking about." Gina replied, making Isabel smile a little.

"Due to its absence, I borrowed Amy's favorite pen, and... I lost it." He told them, hesitantly.

"That pen is her best friend. I'm not even saying that as an insult. I've heard her say it." Gina told him. "Actually that's true because I've heard her say that as well." Isabel added.

"How'd you lose it?" Gina questioned.

"I have a COMPSTAT presentation coming up, and I was toying with the idea of using hand gestures, for emphasis, so I went out on the roof to practice... " Holt started explaining.

------------

Holt was standing on the balcony of the present, practicing for the presentation.

"And, ladies and gentlemen, violent crime has gone down by 10 perce... " Holt practiced moving his hand forward a little too hard and accidentally, throwing the pen off the balcony.

------------

"Amy is going to be very angry, maybe even angrier than when they added 'YOLO' to the dictionary." Holt told them, worried.