Chasing Amy

Charles closed the fridge and found Amy standing beside it looking like a complete mess with messy braids all over her hair. She was reading from what seemed like flash cards. Charles stared at her wordlessly.

"What?" Amy questioned him when she noticed his staring. "Uh, nothing. I'm gonna go over to there now." Charles replied and walked away, looking concerned and confused. Amy just turned back to her flash cards.

"Jake, what's going on? Why is Amy's hair like that?" Charles asked as he walked up to Jake, Isabel and Rosa who were all hanging around Jake's desk.

"Oh, she obsessively braids her hair when she's nervous, and she's super nervous 'cause she's taking the sergeant's exam today." Jake revealed.

"But Amy loves tests." Charles pointed out still confused.

"Not this one. It's always been her plan to be the youngest captain in the history of the NYPD, but if she doesn't pass this exam, she's gonna have to wait another three years to take it again, and that'll disrupt her entire life calendar." Jake explained further.

"Is that a real thing?" Charles asked, narrowing his eyes.

"It hangs over our bed."

"So she's stress-braiding. Big deal. That's like a one on the Santiago Panic Scale." Rosa commented from beside them.

"Do I want to know what's the final level?" Isabel questioned. "Nope." Rosa told her.

"Yeah, but we've also jumped up to level two, creepily singing songs from the Great American Songbook." Jake stated.

--------------

Amy was studying, sitting on her bed and Jake was trying to sleep lying beside her.

"You're a grand old flag,
You're a high flying flag" Amy sang softly, yet creepily.

Jake wrapped his cushion around his head trying to block out the singing.

--------------

"So, yeah, it's a little tough right now, but I think the worst is behind us." Jake reassure them with a grin.

"Why are you taking so long to cook my frickin' oatmeal!?" Amy, suddenly, yelled at the microwave. She then threw the microwave to the floor. "Yeah... oh."

The squad watched horrified as Amy started beating the microwave up with her police stick.

"She'll be okay." Jake commented, awkwardly.

Amy started kicking the microwave.

"She got all that from you." Isabel told Rosa, who smirked proudly.

___________

Isabel was now sitting on her desk, going through her case file as Jake went to find a way to help Amy.

The elevator door dinged open but Isabel didn't pay any attention to it. She kept her focus on her file.

"Hey!" Somebody said enthusiastically standing in front of her desk. Isabel raised her head and looked at the person smiling down on her.