Cop-Con

Jake walked into the break room and noticed that Hitchcock had fallen asleep with his head on the table. "Oh hello." Jake stated with a I-am-up-to-something look.

"Guys, guys, guys, check it out." Jake called out excitedly as he rushed out the break room. "Hitchcock fell asleep in the break room, so I put his hand in a bowl of warm water." Jake told them with his classic childish grin.

"Come on, man. That's the stupidest prank ever." Rosa told him.

"Uh, no, it's the smartest because it involves biology. I bet it worked already. Let's go check." Jake defended, gesturing everyone to follow along.

Jake saw that Hitchcock was actually drowning in that bowl of water now.

"Hitchcock, no!" Jake yelled out. "He's drowning, he's drowning!" Scully exclaimed as everyone rushed in. "Save him, man!" Terry called out, as Jake finally pulled Hitchcock out from the water and Hitchcock woke up with a long gasp.

"I take it back, Jake. Great prank." Rosa smirked.

"Where's the camera?" Isabel smiled innocently at him.

__________

"Is everyone packed for the 28th annual Tri-State Police Officers Convention? I hear Bill Powell's giving a lecture on advances in appellate court e-filing techniques. Phew, talk about 'can't miss'." Captain Holt stated as he stood on the briefing room podium.

"Yeah, we don't really go for the talks. We're more interested in the extracurriculars. Fart-five." Jake announced and high-fived Charles, then proceeded to make a farting noise.

"Of course, Rochester has much to offer in that sphere. For instance, it's famed thermometer museum." Holt added.

"Thermometer museum? Uh, no thanky. Here's what a-we are all about. One, free hotel rooms." Jake started listing.

"I get to sleep in a bed by myself. No wife, no kids, just Terry starfishing on a Cal King." Terry told them happily.

"Two, a huge hall full of cool police tech."

"Last year, I got to try out a heat ray." Rosa told them. "They had a jetpack prototype out there once. I related to superman that day." Isabel chimed in. "Cool." Rosa told her, looking impressed.

"Three, the Buffalo P.D always throws an insane party. Last year, Amy got so drunk, she jumped a police horse into the pool."

"Eight-drink Amy is an equestrian, and she's real bad at it." Amy tried to justify.

"This isn't an excuse for you to party. This is a police convention, not the Newport Folk Festival." Holt told them, clearly not seeming on board with what the squad had in mind.

"Come on, sir. It's been a hard year. I mean, frankly, we could all use a party to blow off some steam. First we were on the night shift, then the precinct almost got shut down." Jake tried to convince him.

"I got hit by a bus." Gina added in.

"Well, we have been through a lot, but, frankly, our reputation has taken a hit. That's why I'm running for a seat on the convention's board of directors. If I win, it will look good for the precinct. So please don't do anything to jeopardize that. Understood?" The squad gave him small disappointed nods. "Dismissed." Holt announced and walked out.the squad got up to leave.