Return to Skyfire

"Hey, Jake, guess who just called me?" Terry questioned, turning towards Jake in his desk chair, looking very excited.

"The Jerky Boys. They're back!" Jake guessed, equally excited. "No. What? No!" Terry exclaimed, a little taken aback.

"No." Jake repeated in a whisper, a little embarrassed.

"D.C. Parlov. He's in town for LegendCon, and he has a case for us!" Terry revealed, grinning and getting up, walking towards Jake. Jake got up as well and his eyes went wide as he met Terry in the middle.

"Oh, my God, oh, my God, oh, my God!" Jake repeated in excitement.

"Parlov? Didn't he write those 'Skyfire' books? I thought he turned out to be a jerk." Rosa commented, looking at his two colleagues with her eyebrows furrowed. Isabel turned around in her desk chair, also wondering the same thing.

"Yeah, but ever since Jake and I saved his life, he's actually been very nice. He even sent me a Christmas gift. A full-scale replica of the sword of Opadoma." Terry informed her happily. Jake squealed in excitement.

"Why are you so excited? You don't care about those stupid books." Rosa asked Jake.

"I actually did read all of them in prison. They are the greatest books I've ever read, and I've read 'Cujo'." Jake answered.

"Jake and I really bonded over 'Skyfire.'" Terry added. "Yeah." Jake nodded along.

"Watch this." Terry stated turning towards Jake as Isabel walked up to them and stood beside Rosa with her arms crossed. "Favorite moment in the series?" Terry asked Jake.

"The summoning of Balacastro." Both, Terry and Jake, answered at the same time. Isabel tilted her head in amusement.

"Second favorite?" Terry questioned again. "The Scarlet Feast!" Him and Jake answered in union.

"Third favorite?" Terry questioned the third time. "When you thought Ka'lar had been swallowed by the Norolith, but had just switched armor with Samling the Betrayer in the battle of Vorcastle." They chanted in union and laughed. Rosa rolled her eyes and Isabel grinned.

"Fourth favorite?" Terry questioned, chuckling but Rosa cut him off. "Three was plenty. So was zero."

"Okay, I can see that you're skeptical, Rosa, but how about this: come with us on the case! You too Bell!" Jake suggested, excited and Terry nodded along. "Its kind of weird that you're not getting my 'Skyfire' references. You get all my references." Jake added.

"Honestly, it is a little weird." Isabel agreed. Jake's eyes widened as he gasped. "Maybe you could read the books and we can all attend its fan meetings." Jake suggested.

"Ooo, maybe I will." Isabel grinned.

"No." Rosa deadpanned. "You're not reading those books. I need atleast one normal person in here."

"I know you think it's dumb, but 'Skyfire' is actually very smart and dark and adult. It's not for nerds at all." Jake defended. "Ooh! On our way there, should we sing the elvish hunting song?" Jake suddenly said, turning to Terry. Terry nodded happily. They laughed and looped their arms and started singing as they skipped out the bullpen.