Rule 4: Always keep your word

"Boss please, 'm sorry!" Red pleadingly whimpered, tears running down his face.

"SORRY!? YOUR SORRY!? SORRY ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH!"

Edge stomped his way to the door, paused, then looked over his shoulder and stating that Red was a ungrateful and useless bitch before he slammed the door behind him.

Red pushes himself up onto his knees before crawling over to the shattered plate and the mug shards.

The plate wasn't anything special. In all honesty the brothers though it was ugly. It had been pastel orange with shamrock green leaf's and stems and bubblegum pink flowers. Neither of them would had chosen it under normal circumstances, the boss wouldn't be mad at him then. Sure he might get a bit of a scolding or yelled at but nothing more. The only reason that they kept it was because it was a welcome gift from the old lady who lived a few roads over back when they first moved in.

What had resulted in a beating had been the shattered mug.

It was nothing impressive. A simple black mug with a few chips around the rim and on the handle, in spots the paint had flacked away to revel the off-white base.

To anyone else the mug was nothing. You could by a replica of it for not much and no one would be the wiser.

But that was a lie.

Although no one would ever know it, that mug had been one of a kind.

Back before their parents died they had celebrated Edge's 17th birthday. One of the gifts that their father had given Edge was the mug. The next day their parents had been dusted.

So, yes, the mug was nothing impressive nor was unique but it was irreplaceable.

And he had broken it.

After picking up the shattered plate and throwing it away he placed the mug shards in a cloth and took them up to his room to fix later.

Entering the bathroom Red opened the cabinet and grabbed the bandages and a cloth. Wetting the cloth he began the process of wiping his wounds and cleaning the marrow and magic from his bones before wrapping them with the bandages.

After putting everything away and the cloth in the laundry, Red went back to his room.

Digging into his closet Red pulled out a wooden box full of clay before adding water to it. After the clay had loosened up he began taking small bits from it to patch the mug back together.

Once he finished a look out the window showed it was late.

The sheep had stuff to eat in their stable and they could miss a day of grazing, plus Red was tired and wanted to rest. So, kicking of his shoes he laid down and let his eyes drift closed.

He could go one day without seeing sans, after all, he may have said he'd return but he never promised. Besides, it was only one day.