Rule 7: Don't repay more than you borrowed

As spring passed Red and Sans got to know one another and come summer they were friends. When summer cooled into fall Red was sure that Sans knew him even better than his brother had. Fall eventually faded into winter and Red came to the realization that, although small and new, he felt a flame of feelings for Sans. When he looked back on it, he understood why.

Sans, the guy made him laugh with puns that none else would entertain. He brought Red many gifts over the months. Sans worried for Red when none else would have. Sans had saved him from the repetitive life his town was cursed to.

Red owed him so much.

When winter officially hit Red made it his job to repay Sans.

He would invite Sans to his home and serve him drinks of warm cider and dishes of home made stew and fresh bread. Red would gift Sans with things to take back home with him to share with his brother. Some nights he'd offer Sans a bed till morning, even though he always declined.

When gyftmas came he and Sans spent the night together, curled under blankets in front the fire with glasses of berry wine after Red gave Sans the jacket he bought him.

"Hay Red?"

Red sleepily hummed.

"I know winters coming to an end in a few months and that this is really early but i wanted to ask, will you go to the angels festival with me?"

Red was sure how many times, or ways, he said yes but he did. As winter progressed and slowly melted to spring his excitement swallowed but so did his nerves.

...

If someone were to ask him how he felt about meeting Sans then he would have said he was blessing in disguise and that he wanted to spend his entire life with him. If you asked him about the angels festival than he would have said it was one of his favorite celebrations, that he always wanted to go with someone and now he could with Sans!

If you waited a few years and managed to find him just to ask him the same questions then the answers would be different. He would say that Sans wasn't a blessing in disguise but rather a curse disguised as a blessing. He would say that the angels festival was the worst. But most importantly, he would say meeting sans was the worst thing to ever happen to him.