Rule 9: Never stray from a path in the Feywild

Red realized they were heading deep into the woods.

Really deep.

None ever went this deep, not if they wanted to avoid the fey.

The fey were monsters, hideous, cold blooded, killing, monsters. They were known to rip mortals apart, to use them for their own sick amusement. They were the stuff of nightmares. Everyone knew not to venture too deep into the woods unless they had a death wish. It's why towns were never built in the wood's, fey never left the ocean that the trees formed.

But Red didn't care.

The further into the woods Sans dragged him, the further behind the fire was, the less he could hear the other couples noise, the more excited he grew.

This was it. Red was gonna lose his V card. He was going to spend an entire night under the stars with Sans. With the guy he liked, no, loved. He was gonna spend the whole night with the person he loved.

The further on they pushed the harder Sans pulled him, till their hands slipped away from one another. Sans disappeared into the dark, leaving Red to stumble about in the dark.

As he stumbled he called out for Sans, tripping over rocks, stepping in holes, and being knocked off center by dips in the ground and roots that reached out for him. Eventually he stepped on a rock only to have a root trip him up before he could even regain his balance.

He was sent tumbling off the path.

As he rolled down the hill his skull made contact with small rocks and little bit's of root, bursts of pain exploding with each contact. After a few painful moments, he finally hit flat ground.

He laid there, curled up, for a few moments just trying to wait for the pain to pass. When it did finally fade he pushed himself up into a sitting position only to freeze.

The world, it was different.

The grass had gone from pale fern green to bright emerald, the once dark and twisted trees now stood elegantly with white bark, the flowers that grew from the ground seemed to either be made of crystal or to have been covered in glitter, some even cast a glow.

The Fey Wilds.

Red knew at that moment just how much danger he was in. He needed to find Sans and leave.

As he turned back to the slope he had fallen down he caught sight of Sans just out the corner of his eye as he turned and disappeared around a tree.

"Sans! Wait!" Red abandoned his idea of climbing up the steep slope and instead ran after Sans. After dodging a few tree branches and moving around a few rocks he emerged into a clearing. The sight that greeted him would be the subject of nightmares.