Chapter 17

SIMOUN'S POV

 I tossed and turned all fucking night. The entire time, I felt like I'd made a mistake. I didn't like the way things had ended with Victoria. Or Amber. Or whoever the hell she was. Despite everything that had gone on, I kept replaying that moment in my mind—watching her face from another perspective and how genuine it had seemed, shooing her out of the elevator like she was nothing but a fly to be rid of. What the hell had I been thinking? 

Either way, kailangan kong malaman kung bakit niya ginagawa ang mga nagawa niya. Sasabihin ba niya talaga ang totoo? Nagsasabi ba siya ng totoo?O pinapaikot na naman niya ko? Pinaglalaruan ba niya ko mula noon pa? O may nararamdaman siya sakin?  The way she addressed me and touched me, it was as if she'd attempted to comfort me like a girlfriend would. Like a fiancée would.

 Magaling lang ba talagang aktres si Amber? O baka naman talagang may pakialam siya sakin? Kailangan kong malaman. And I knew I'd never sleep well again until I did know. I tossed and turned until the sun came up, then slid from my bed and immediately grabbed my phone. I didn't give a damn about the threat from Shanon last night. He could be as pissed off as he wanted to be. But I needed the number of the agency he'd used to hire Amber. Or Victoria. Or whoever the hell that confusing little angel was.

 "This is Shanon Jeon." the groggy voice said. 

"Shanon, it's Simoun."

The phone fell silent, and I braced myself for him hanging up on me. "What do you want at such an early hour?" tanong niya.

"I need the phone number for the agency you used to hire Victoria." 

I heard him chuckle as the sounds of shuffling were heard on the other end of the line. 

"Enjoying your whore when your fiancée isn't around?" 

I bit down onto the inside of my cheek and tried to keep my cool. He was the only person I knew who had access to that number, so I couldn't piss him off. 

"She left before I could tip her. I need to call the agency and get a tip on there for her," I said. 

"Ah, so the bonus activities were good, then? The woman I talked to said she was a good one for those kinds of things." 

"Shanon. The phone number."

 "And why should I give it to you?" 

"Because I don't think that agency would look kindly on you for stunting their business because you have shitty business practices of your own," I said. 

I heard him grumble over the phone before he started reading out a string of numbers to me. I scrambled and wrote them down on the hotel pad given to me, but the string of numbers looked familiar. I thanked Shanon mindlessly for it before I hung up my phone, then opened up my call log and began to scroll through it. 

Kai. Kai. My HR department. Public relations. Restaurants. More missed calls from Kai. Then, I found it.

Ang numero na ibinigay ni Shanon ay kaparehas ng numero na minsan kong tinawagan noong gusto kong makita si Amber. Ang agency niya. Parehong-pareho. I hit the Call button and pressed the phone to my ear. It was a little after eight in the morning, and I had no idea if anyone would answer.

So imagine my shock when a woman with a very raspy voice answered. 

The same fucking woman who had "City Escorts, this is Matilda." 

"Miss Matilda, I believe we've spoken before," I said. 

"Then give me your name because I don't recall your voice."