Chapter 6 - The Color Red

After the conflict between Estrella and Lavender, soon after Lavender left the fairy room, she went missing. Silver, River, and Alice joined Estrella to help find her missing sister by searching all across the airship. During their search, Silver decided to let River and Alice in on the information and escape plan that he originally discussed with Estrella. He was happy to hear that both Alice and River were on board with the idea.

They all tried their best to go through the airship but no matter where they searched, they couldn't find a single sign of Lavender. They ended up searching for the girl for nearly the entire day and because of this, Silver's escape plan ended up being delayed.

Estrella felt horrible that not only did she potentially fail to protect her sister but would also risk everyone's chances of escaping the airship as well.

Dusk fell and as soon as the four saw the sunset, they decided to end the search for the night. Silver said goodbye to the fairies, saying he won't be allowed to sleep in the fairy rooms and instead go to where the humans sleep. He didn't discuss much detail but everyone else was fine with the matter. Once Silver parted ways with them, the three fairies decided to head back to their fairy rooms while walking down the dark narrow hallway. The only light source to be seen was the square windows at the end of each hall. It was almost perfectly quiet and the only sound that could be heard was the sounds of their footsteps as they headed back.

Neither Estrella, River, or Alice was in a good mood, in fact, they all felt incredibly down and worn out after this turn of events. Then suddenly, Estrella unexpectedly broke the unnerving silence.

"This is all my fault...." Estrella whispered weakly.

As soon as River and Alice heard her, they both turned to Estrella and then expressed a deep feeling of sympathy.

"It's not your fault at all." River suddenly told her in a serious and confident tone of voice. "If it's anyone's fault then it would be the humans who kidnapped us."

Estrella's eyes gazed into River's eyes for a bit until Alice unexpectedly went and put her hand on Estrella's right shoulder. "River's right and I know it," Alice told her gently. "There truly was nothing you could have done..."

Estrella shifted her eyes between the two fairies and then gave them both a bittersweet smile. "Well thank you.....That's nice to hear." Estrella told them quietly and gratefully. "I'm happy I met you two."

River and Alice glanced at each other and then back at Estrella. They both nodded.

"I'm happy I met you too, Estrella." Alice responded.

"As am I.' River added.

Estrella's smile grew bigger but then proceeded to immediately shift to a worried facial expression that was filled with sorrow. "Still though, I'm just....super worried about Lavender. Wherever she is right now, I pray for her safety and I hope we find her soon."

After Estrella had been comforted by both River and Alice's words, the three fairies started heading back to their fairy rooms. They all exchanged goodnights and then afterward, Estrella was led to sleeping in her fairy room all alone with an empty bed sitting right next to hers. Estrella had a lot of trouble falling asleep since her worries for her younger sister consumed her. It didn't seem like they would let up any time soon but eventually, after a few hours of feeling nothing but extreme anxiety, she managed to fall asleep.

Because she ended up falling asleep at such a late hour, she ended up sleeping through nearly the entire morning. It wasn't until Skylar's announcement, saying all fairies must come to lunch had Estrella finally woke up. As soon as she woke up she went straight to the dining hall. She was still half asleep but knew full well that the humans would punish her in unthinkable ways if she didn't arrive at lunch on time. After she finished her lunch, she exited the dining hall and then proceeded back to the fairy room hallways so she could find River And Alice.