Story 3 Park

The following story/stories have been either submitted by one of my readers or found on other websites.

..........

Have you ever experienced paranormal activity?

.

Well, this didn't happen to me, but my friend’s friend. Hold your breath ladies and gentlemen!!

For privacy purposes, let's assume her name is Alex. She used to work until late in the evenings. On the way back home, every day she needed to go through a local park, as that was the shortest way. On the usual evenings, there are always a few old people sitting on the bench and gossiping. So she never had any fear of walking alone in the dark through the park.

 So she never had any fear of walking alone in the dark through the park

Though one day, she worked quite later than usual

Though one day, she worked quite later than usual. On the way back home, she felt a little hesitation to go through the park, as it was darker than usual plus the fact that she knew there wouldn't be anyone sitting on the bench at this time.

But anyhow, she chose to go through the park, as that was the shortest way. As soon as she entered the park, she heard some noise from her back. She turned her head, there was a man who was quickly running towards her. She started walking fast. She looked back again to see him, but to her surprise, the man stopped chasing her.

After a few seconds, Alex looked back again to see him

After a few seconds, Alex looked back again to see him. He was walking so fast towards Alex again. She started praying so hard and started running. But to her surprise again, the man stopped chasing her and started walking in opposite direction.

This happened four times, the last time he was so close to Alex, that it was a mere 4–5 feet distance and she could clearly see his face. Luckily, she was out of the park by then and felt so much relief.

No, that wasn't the horror part.

A few days later, she saw the same person in the news arrested for rape and the following murder. Alex was shocked to see the same man for those charges. He could've hurt Alex too that day, but why he didn't do anything that day when he could. Was he just playing around or scaring her like this?

Alex went to the police station to report that incident and to see him. Finally, she was able to speak to him and ask him why he didn't hurt her that day if this was all he was planning that day too.

The man’s answer shocked Alex.

He said because there were so many people with you.

“What?? No, I was alone.” Alex said.

“You were alone before, but as soon as I was approaching you, few people came and asked me to leave you. I went back, but then I saw you were walking alone. I started chasing you again, then more people came and told me to leave. I was surprised how come so many people come at once and that too this late at night. The last time I tried to come close to you, their shouts were so loud that I couldn't bear them. They also told me that they would kill me if I don't leave you alone. So, I just ran away from there.”

That was even more shivering than what happened to Alex that day. But good to know, there aren't always bad ghosts, there are good ghosts too..maybe angels..who knows!!

•••••••••

What do you guys think about this story? Anyway, Alex got lucky that's great!

Stay tuned for the next chapters.

Once again this book contains only real-life events, not made up stories.

Thank you very much for reading.

If you want your stories to be published here, private message me and get a chance to have your story in this book.

Next chapter: Have you ever encountered a ghost?

Word count : 644