18 Creepy Stories

10 People Share Their Creepy Stories About Friends Who Turned Out To Be Rapists, Murderers, Or Hardcore Criminals

1. Friends with Tyler Hadley, a guy who killed his parents.

I live in port St. Lucie. Not sure if anyone is familiar with the Tyler Hadley case but he was a pretty good friend of mine. Anyways...He killed his parents with a hammer, threw them and a majority of the items in the house in their room, and threw a party. He always seemed a little off.

2. Nice guy who threw a BBQ ended up brutally killing a girl.

I went to a BBQ at a friend of a friend's house one weekend and had a fantastic time. I thought the dude was genuinely a really cool and nice guy after letting everybody play horseshoes and use the pool; not to mention that he bought all the food and beer. Found out 2 weeks later that he was the one that raped and beat to near death a girl who was a mutual friend of me and the guy that took me there. He raped her and left her for dead in a park. Couldn't even recognize her if you didn't know it was her. I had literally from the one time I met the guy thought he was the nicest guy I'd ever met, then that...

3. Used to hang out with the guy known as "White John."

Back in 1997 there was a guy we called "white John" that hung around with us occasionally. He was a black guy but tried very hard to behave the way he thought white people did. All his friends were white. One day he stopped coming around. We figured he decided to start spending all his time with the Asian girlfriend in Manhattan he ALWAYS talked about.
Couple days later, he's on every major news station in New York, and on the front page of every newspaper. Turns out he was a serial rapist that targeted Asian women. And the "girlfriend" he always spoke about had actually broken up with him several months before. He had been stalking her, and raping other Asian girls after the break up. He was caught after he raped and killed the ex girlfriend.
We were shocked. There was never any indication that he was capable of such terrible things. I would sit and go over every interaction I ever had with him to see if there were signs and I just didn't see them. It rattled me pretty badly when I thought of all the times I had been alone with him walking to the store or whatever.
Ever since then, I examine the people I'm friends with looking for warning signs. It still affects me to this day.

4. Played jiu jitsu with James Biela.

I did jiu jitsu with James Biela who was a serial rapist and murdered Brianna Dennison in Reno, Nevada. It was something that was impossible to see at the time, and will never make total sense.

5. Friends with a firefighter who started his own fires.

Guy I knew was a firefighter and really serious about it. He started out forest firefighting and went to school to be a city firefighter. He was truly in love with his job. A little too much unfortunately. Houses around our area began catching on fire for no clear reason. Eventually they found out it was arson, but they didn't know who it was. The last of these arsons resulted in a death. An old man that lived in the home couldn't get out of bed on his own and was trapped in his room. Eventually it was found out that this guy had been starting these fires in order to do his job and put them out. He was convicted of manslaughter and arson and spent a few years (3?) in jail but he's out now. I don't feel like the punishment fit the crime for this one. Not sure where he is or what he's doing but I've certainly seen him walking free.

6. Weird man in his church group ended up being a pedophile.

A guy at a church I went to as a teenager did a lot of work with our youth group. He was a single man in his thirties. My youth pastor called him into his office one day and said, "So-and-so, something about you really bothers me but I can't put my finger on it. Are you ok?" The guy said he was just fine and that he had no problems. Other than that incident, to everyone it seemed like he was a nice guy who just really liked helping folks out. He was really funny as well.
He was arrested several months later by an FBI sting that pretended to solicit sex with a 12-year-old boy. He was a pedophile and he had already abused multiple people. In the end he got 15 years in prison for what he did.

7. Mom's boyfriend ended up being a horrible child molester.

My mom began dating this one guy. None of us felt comfortable around him, and my dad, grandma and I were particularly worried of him being around my younger brother and sister. My mom would leave them alone with him all the time, even though he was this alcoholic, manipulative piece of shit.
He had served like 6 years in jail for "coke" before my mom and him got together. Later, we found out the real reason was because he came home drunk one night and made his young daughter give him a blow job. We found out because he came home drunk one day and solicited my sister's friend (at the time they were about 10-12 years old) for sex. He's been in jail since.

8. A friend's mentally ill brother killed a guy.

This was so incredibly sad and we still miss our friend dearly (seriously stand-up guy whom everyone loved) but he was at his girlfriend's house having a party when her mentally ill little brother shot him point blank with a shot gun killing him instantly and then walked down stairs and killed himself with another shotgun.
It was very tough since we were all young and not even two months out of graduating high school and man did it change both families permanently. Both sets of parents divorced, the girl's father killed himself 2 years later.

9. Owner of a neighborhood sandwich shop killed his ex-girlfriend.

Guy who ran a sandwich shop near where I live stabbed his ex-girlfriend and her new boyfriend to death while shouting "Why did you lie!?" over and over as she tried to call 999.
Everyone just thought he closed the shop and moved away, and then we saw in the newspapers that it was him and it was a bit weird.

10. A stepbrother who ended up being into child porn.

I grew up with a stepbrother. He was around 20 when I was around 12. I shared a room with him and we played games together and I never would have thought he was that bad of a guy, but one day my mom used his computer without his permission, and found a gigantic stash (gigabytes worth) of child porn. She freaked out and told his dad. I went to live with my dad in another state and my mom broke ties with my stepbrother's entire family. I don't know what happened after that.