season 1| wolf moon

I woke up to creaking sounds from outside the house. I met Scott in the hallway a bat held tightly in his hands. We creeped down the hallway and down the stairs him in front of me because even though I'm older he has this whole protective brother thing going on.

Suddenly, someone drops down from above us. Upside down. I quickly realize that its Stiles. While both him and Scott scream waving the bat around as he did. 

Once they stop screaming I snap at them "the pair of you scream like teenage girls" But obviously i'm ignored when scott yells "Stiles what the hell are you doing" "neither of you were answering your phones" he replies as if it was obvious. "why do you have a bat?"

"we thought you were a predator" scott replies. I mean I didn't but okay.

"A preda- look, I know its late but you gotta hear this..I saw my dad leave 20 minutes ago. Dispatch called. They're bringing in every officer in the beacon hills department and even state police"

"for what" I ask curiously

"two joggers found a body in the woods" he informs us finally jumping down from his upside down position.

"A dead body?!" Scott exclaims "no dumbass a body of water" I thought

"No a body of water" stiles says as if reading my mind " yes dumbass a dead body"

"You mean like murdered?"

"No one knows"

"well if they already found the body then what are they looking for" I said

"That's the best part...they only found half. We're going."

I instantly go to refuse but with Scott pleading me not to allow him to be dragged into this alone. Someones got to look after those idiots.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Are we seriously doing this?" Scotty asks as were getting out of stiles jeep.

"You're the one always bitching that nothing ever happens in this town" stiles responds simply

"I was trying to get a good nights sleep for practice tomorrow"

"Right..because sitting on the bench is such a grueling effort"

"No, because I'm playing this year. In fact I'm making first line"

"Hey, that's the spirit everyone should have a dream even a pathetically unrealistic one"

I slap stiles on the back of the head earning a ow in response which I ignore. "Don't listen to him scotty I believe in you"

"Oh and just out of curiosity which half of the body are we looking for?" I ask

"Huh! I didn't even think about that" he laughs it off. Typical stiles.

"You haven't changed a bit... So another question what if whoever killed the body is still out here?"

".....Also something I didn't think about"

"Comforting to know you planned this out with your usual attention to detail" scotty says

"I know" is his only response

"Maybe the uh severe asthmatic should be the one holding the flashlight, huh? scotty says panting.

"Are you okay?" I ask in concern.

He nods at me reassuringly but my look of concern stays there.

We then spot flashlights in the distance and stiles pulls both me and scott to the ground with him