season one | the tell

As of right now I'm sat in the backseat of Lydia's car outside the movie store with Lydia and Jackson in the front because Lydia decided she was going to drag me along with them and now we are debating about what to watch. Jackson wants to watch Hoosiers while me and Lydia want to watch the notebook. Me and Lydia won as always.

"Can somebody help us find the notebook?" Jackson says as we enter the store.

"Hellooo? Anybody here?" I ask

"Is anybody working here?" Jackson asks. As me and Jackson walk further into the movie store, I begin to smell the scent of blood, but I think nothing of it. Jackson puts his arm out to stop me when we spot a pair of shoes at the end of an aisle. We step closer and when we finally get to that aisle, we see a worker with his throat slashed open. 

Jackson move backwards in a panic dragging me with him which results in us knocking the ladder behind us down causing the lights to flicker.

We both stand there for a moment until we hear growling and Jackson pulls both of us behind one of the shelves. Unlike Jackson I know that it's the alpha running round the store on all fours knocking the shelves down. Me and Jackson slowly turn around to see all the shelves falling one by one. Jackson pushes me out the way first but doesn't get himself out in time and his legs end up trapped under the shelves. The force of Jackson pushing me out the way causes me to fall and knock my head on a fallen down shelf. A dark shadow looms over me and Jackson alerts me to the alpha's presence. The alpha approaches Jackson, and gently traces over the scratch that Derek left on Jacksons neck and then moves over to me moving my hair out my face before leaving a deep cut on my head making me hiss out in pain. The alpha then runs out the front of the movie store and the last thing I hear before my eyes close is Lydia screaming.

I wake up in the back of an ambulance and much to the EMTs protest I sit up while they inform me that I've escaped with only a cut on the side of my head and a minor concussion. I look around me to see a shaken-up Lydia and a furious Jackson who's shouting that he wants to go home. I close my eyes for a second but open them again when someone shouts my name before crushing me in a hug. Stiles.

"you're okay." He sighs in relief

"I'm okay."

Stiles sits with me until the EMT gives me the all clear to go home. A deputy drives me to my house making sure I'm okay before leaving. I immediately make my way up to my bed falling asleep almost straight away.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I wake up with a groan and I set my eyes on the edge of my bed where my mom's sat.

"Hey sweetie."

"Hey mom."

"How are you feeling?"

"Okay."

"you can have the day off if you don't feel like going in  today."

"That would be great thanks mom."

"Okay hunny. I'm off to work call me if you need me. love you."

"Love you too."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Once stiles finishes school, he calls me asking to check on Lydia with him. I had been meaning to see her so I agreed to come.

"Davina its so good to see you. How are you doing after yesterday?" Lydia's mom says when she opens the door greeting me with a hug.

"I'm better thank you. Me and my friend stiles are here to check on Lydia after yesterday. Can we come see her?"

"of course, come on in."