one

alice
buongiorno amore! how are you today?
seen by luca, 11:13 AM

alice
everything alright?
seen by luca, 14:55 PM

15:00 PM || call started, didn't connect

alice
are you going to keep ignoring me? did i so something wrong?
delivered, 15:05 PM

alice
seriously, are you alright?
delivered, 16:10 PM

16:15 PM || call started, didn't connect
16:20 PM || call started, didn't connect

she throws her phone on her bed in frustration and hides her face in her arms. ever since he left, luca became more and more distant. she knew this would happen from the day he left her on seen on something very important. what was that, you may ask? well, nothing crazy, just the fact that it was her birthday. something he'd never forgotten ever since they'd met. and yet he did, literally a few weeks after he left for university.

she can feel tears form in her blue eyes and she takes a few deep breaths to try and hold them in. she doesn't have anyone to ask for help. ever since she and luca started dating she slowly lost touch with her few friends. she only has luca now.
but it appears that she doesn't have him either.

as the first tear of the endless stream to follow rolls down her cheek, her phone vibrates. she slowly gets up from where she was balled onto the floor with her back against the wall and made her way to the bed, the tears running down but without any sound.

she touches the screen and checks the notification.
her face lights up when she sees the name she's been waiting to see all day.

luca
ciao amore <3
i'm fine i was just very busy today and couldn't talk at all

she sighs in relief and types in her reply.

alice
thank god i was worried
so you have any time to talk maybe? i've missed you :(
seen by luca, 16:25 PM

she sits over the screen, eagerly waiting to see the three dots jump at the bottom left corner of the phone.

but despite her patience, the dots would not appear.

she tried refreshing the page, switching on and off the device. but she couldn't keep lying to herself.

he will not reply any time soon.

she feels a tight pain in her chest. as if her heart is being ripped out of her body. she knows she's not to blame, but she blames herself anyways.

he's cheating. he's definitely cheating. or maybe i am too boring for him. or i did something? yeah, it's definitely my fault. i mean i keep bugging him about stuff every day and he has work to do and to study for university and all that...” she starts mumbling, her labrador, naya, hops on the bed next to her when she heard alice's voice.

she cuddles the large dog and she allows herself to relax, finally letting out all the tears she's been holding in for the whole day.

she needs to talk about this, but she doesn't have anyone to address. she looks at naya, who is looking at her in adoration but with a sad undertone, as if saying ‘you shouldn't cry over this, it's not worth it’.

alice wipes the tears away and takes a deep breath, then begins to explain everything to naya, who listened to her with her head resting on the girl's belly.

“it's all my fault. i should have gone along with him. but silly little me thought we could make it work from a distance. he assured me that it would be okay and yet here we are now. but i don't understand, naya. what did i do wrong?” she mumbles while caressing the soft fur on the dog's head.

naya just looks at her with those big brown eyes and snuggles closer to alice's body.

she's not entirely alone. she still has naya. and at that moment, naya is more than enough.

.

.

.
while im writing this it's snowing AND IM SO EXCITED I LOVE SNOW