two

the next day things are the same. no good morning texts from luca, just the message she'd sent last night, which he didn't even bother opening.

alice gets up from her bed with a little struggle as naya had slept on her stomach for the entire night.

“come on girl, let's get you some food.” she says and naya jumps off of the bed and rushes out of the room and to the kitchen.

alice fills naya's food bowl and goes on about making her own breakfast. she quickly downs a cup of coffee and a granola bar and goes to get dressed, naya following suit as she patiently waits for her turn to go on a walk.

she throws on a pair of jeans and a thin sweater and brushes her hair to make it look less sad than it did.

“let's go naya!” she says excitedly and watches as the large dog barks in excitement as alice tied her doc martens and went to grab naya's leash.

she grabs her keys and phone and unlocks the door, naya rushing outside and dragging alice with her.

“what's gotten into you this morning?” she asks her dog curiously, but naya gives her an innocent look and gets inside the elevator with alice.

once out of their apartment building, naya starts walking calmly around like she does every morning.

they've reached the always crowded park and start walking around, stopping because of naya once in a while.

suddenly, naya's ears raise and she freezes on the spot, looking directly at a small, brown, curly haired dog that is walking happily along a blonde girl.

naya wags her tail excitedly and starts dragging alice behind her, the small dog having now noticed them and dragging the blonde girl with it as much as it could.

but naya, being the strongest, drags alice successfully over to the dog and its owner, the result being alice almost colliding gracefully with the girl.

“oh my god are you alright?” alice asks the second she regains her balance, the blonde girl smiling at her in amusement. “i'm so sorry i don't know what got into her she just started dragging me out of nowhere...”

“nah, don't worry about it. i think chilli has taken a liking to your dog too.” the girl gestures at the two dogs excitedly smelling each other, their tails wagging non stop.

“i guess naya wanted a new friend.” alice says awkwardly and smiles.

“seems like it.” the blonde girl agrees. “so since our dogs decided to be friends, what's your name?”

“alice.”

“victoria.” says the blonde and smiles, extending her hand and alice shaking it.

“i like your name, it's pretty.” alice says and feels warm inside when victoria smiles at her kindly.
it's been a while since someone smiled this sincerely at her.

“shall we sit for a moment?” victoria proposes.

“there's actually a dog park, wanna go there instead?”

“that's a great idea.” victoria says and the two girls start walking ahead, their dogs quickly catching up on them.

~~~~

naya and chilli join the few dogs that are running around in the dog park and alice and victoria sit down on a nearby bench.

“so tell me about yourself.” victoria says and sits cross legged on the bench, leaning a bit towards alice.

“i'm not that interesting to be honest. i'm studying to become a nursery school teacher. an art teacher to be precise.” alice says as if it didn't matter.

“aw that's cute. i like it.” victoria says sincerely.

“well, i like it too. but my boyfriend says it's boring and uninteresting.” alice says casually and chuckles.

but victoria isn't laughing.
“then your boyfriend isn't a good boyfriend! he should support your choices!”

alice smiles just chuckles. she wouldn't admit it to a stranger but she actually thought that too. instead, she just shook her head.
“nah it's fine. he's always been like that.”

victoria smiles but it's a forced one, compared to the ones she was giving alice before she mentioned luca.

“so what do you do?” she asks but before victoria can answer, a girl approaches them.

“hi! um, i'm a huge fan. sorry for interrupting but could i please take a selfie with you?” she asks and victoria smiles at her.

“of course!” she says and leans closer to the girl. she snaps the picture and thanks her, then waves goodbye to both of them and apologizing again for disturbing them before walking away excitedly.

“so i'm assuming you're famous and i have memory loss.” alice says and victoria chuckles.

“don't worry about it. it's relieving to know that not everyone knows who you are just by looking at you.”

“but you do seem oddly familiar now that i think about it again...” alice takes a moment to observe the blonde girl and then her eyes widen in realization. “aren't you that bassist girl from the band who won eurovision?”

“that's me in the flesh!” victoria says and does a small bow, giggling at alice's reaction.

“i'm so sorry for not realizing earlier! you guys were so cool!”

“stop apologizing it's okay. and thank you, we were cool.” she says proudly.

“so you're a musician. that's awesome.” alice says.

“and you want to become an art teacher. that's also pretty cool if you ask me. i mean, it's not something i would choose to do —mainly because drawing isn't my strongest point— but i still find it adorable.”

“thanks.” alice says and smiles.

her eyes are tired and puffy from crying last night and she looks exhausted. victoria doesn't fail to notice that and she looks at the girl next to her in concern.

they are interrupted by naya and chilli, who come back to them, signaling that it is time to go back home.

“it was great meeting you.” alice says and reaches for naya's collar so that she can leash her.

“we should hang out again sometime.” victoria says and picks up chilli, who wags her tail happily.

“is that your way of telling me you want my number?” alice asks with a small smile.

“is it working?” victoria asks with an innocent look.

“i think it is.” alice says and unlocks her phone. “so?”

victoria smiles and tells alice her number, then she saves alice's number and they wave goodbye, each taking separate ways.

but for once, alice feels like she did something good for herself. something that if luca was there she would have never done, as luca would have grabbed naya's leash and dragged them away from victoria and chilli before they'd get the chance to talk.

that's what he'd done in the past as well.

.

.

.
only chapter two and here is the drama 💃💃