three

2 new messages!

alice finally sits up straight after two hours of sitting like a shrimp in front of her easel and reaches for her phone. her hands and clothes are covered in paint but the result is more than satisfying so far.

she wipes her hands on her shirt and unlocks her phone.

victoria
ciao alice! i know it's been two days since we met but would you like to hang out again? chilli misses naya 😢

she chuckles at the girl's message and starts typing.

alice
of course! just tell me when and where
naya also misses chilli :'(
delivered, 16:09 PM

the other message is a two day late reply from luca.

luca
im sorry i don't have any time these days
but i miss you bambina ❤️

she's relieved he replied and pushes away the rage that has been building up inside her.
after all, he has no time for her. that's normal, right?

alice
i miss you too ❤️
seen by luca, 16:12 PM

of course he will leave her on seen again. but that's okay, he's just busy.

...right?

her phone vibrates in her palm.

victoria
is the dog park okay?

alice
sure
what time?
seen by victoria, 16:13 PM

victoria
hmmm 🤔
in like fifteen minutes? i need to shower first

alice
me too
yeah that sounds good to me
see you then <3
seen by victoria, 16:13 PM

victoria
see ya <33

cute hearts.” she mumbles and takes off her painting clothes.

~~~~

naya wags her tail excitedly when she sees alice reach for the leash.

“come here, we're gonna see chilli again!” alice says and chuckles at naya's reaction when she heard the name of her new friend. the large dog makes her way to alice in seconds, standing still waiting for alice to attach the leash to her collar.

the brunette girl grabs her keys and shoves them in her pocket, then opens the door, naya rushing outside first and then waiting for alice to lock up before pulling her towards the elevator.

~~~~

alice! hi!” victoria yells and alice turns her head, trying to spot the blonde. then she sees victoria running towards them with chilli leading her.

hi.” alice says, her tone coming off dryer than normal. victoria notices it but says nothing. she's not in a place to ask questions yet so she just keeps them at the back of her head, ready to be asked when the right time comes.

the two girls walk down the path to the dog park, then unleashing chilli and naya and watch them run off to play with the other dogs.

they sit down on the same bench as they did when they first met and conversation sparked in seconds.

as they were talking, alice started getting more and more comfortable. she didn't think of it much and the conversation slowly diverted to her relationship with luca.

you seem a little off, is everything alright?” victoria asks and scans the girl's eyes for any hints.

not really.” she replies honestly. “luca —my boyfriend— left me on delivered for two days and then replied like nothing happened.