six

alice checked her house one last time, made sure naya didn't need anything and locked up.
she got inside the taxi she had called for earlier and gave the driver the address.

not too long after she'd gotten in the car, the driver stopped outside a tall building, similar to hers. she pays the driver and gets out.

there are already some people outside of the building and from the second floor she can spot colourful lights coming from the windows. there is music playing but it's not very loud yet.

she quietly makes her way to the entrance, where the door is open.

"are you here for the party?" a tall, blonde guy smoking by the door asks her.

"yeah, victoria invited me. do you know her?" the lack of proper lighting mixed with alice's tired eyes made it hard for her to tell who she was talking to.

"ah then you must be alice!" says the blonde boy with a smile. alice looks at him, a polite smile on her face. "i'm thomas, it's nice to finally meet you!"

"oh my god it's nice to meet you too! i've heard so much about you from vic! i'm sorry, i'm just really bad with faces..." she says and thomas just smiles at her.

"it's okay, don't worry about it. come on, let's get you upstairs." he says and lets her walk in first, him putting out his cigarette and then leaving it in an ashtray. "just to your information, she hasn't even touched the drinks we bought. she said she's waiting for you."

"aww how sweet of her!"

they choose to take the stairs, the elevator being too small, something alice does not like.

"i'm gonna take you to her, but stay close to me please." he says when they're at the front door of the apartment, a dancing mass of people already in there. "we don't wanna lose you in there now, do we?"

alice nods and takes his hand, the guitarist leading her around the dancing strangers before finally arriving to the kitchen. there, on a relatively small kitchen island, sits victoria and two more people.

"vic! alice is here!" thomas yells over the music and gently drags alice closer to where victoria is.

as soon as the blonde spots the brunette girl she jumps up from where she's sat and runs to close alice in a tight embrace.

"you're here!" the bassist chirps.

"and you're...sober?" alice teases her, victoria rolling her eyes.

"you asked me to wait for you to get wasted so i did. but now there isn't anything stopping me!"

"thank you thomas! i am very grateful you brought my friend to me!" thomas' voice interrupts them, making victoria turn to him.

"oh why of course grazie my beloved brother!" victoria says and pulls him in a pretty rough hug.

"basta! you're gonna break my neck!"

"vic don't kill thomas in front of your friend, you're gonna traumatize her." a new voice joins their conversation. then he turns to alice and shakes her hand politely. "i'm ethan, it's nice to meet you!"

"i'm alice." she smiles and shakes his hand.

he smiles back at her and then victoria jumps back in her arms.
"okay enough with the formalities, let's get drunk!" she says and goes to grab a drinks for her and alice but instead stops in her tracks. "wait where's damiano?"

"on the dancefloor." ethan says, pointing with his head to his right, where an already tipsy damiano is dancing his heart out.

"wait a second." victoria says and disappears into the kitchen, then returning with two bottles of beer. she offers one to alice and takes her hand, dragging her to where damiano is dancing.

she calls his name twice before reaching for him with her free hand, the older finally turning to look at her.

"vic! hi!" he says and hugs the short girl. "and who's that? oh my god are you alice?"

"yes i am, it's great to finally meet you guys!"

"yeah yeah leave the formalities to old people and sobriety." he says and pulls her in a hug which she gladly accepts.

thomas joins them, a beer in his hand as well and with damiano they disappear into the mass.

"before we get drunk and forget our own names, where can i leave these?" alice says and gestures at her small handbag and cardigan.

"oh yeah, of course! follow me." victoria takes the brunette's hand and leads them in front of a locked door. "that's my room." she explains. "last time i left it unlocked i found my ex and some random girl on the bed, so..."

"damn, we both have shitty exes..." alice throws her stuff on the bed and returns to victoria.

"we do..." victoria agrees and they get out of the room. "but we're not here to talk about exes, we're here to celebrate!" she locks up and shoves the key in her back pocket. "cheers!"

their beer bottles make a 'cling!' sound as they make contact and the two girls down a generous amount of alcohol on one go.

"come on, let's go back to the party." alice is now the one to grab victoria's hand and lead them to the dancefloor.

~~~~

through the night, victoria introduced to alice a bunch of people, some known and some unknown.

by two am, both alice's and victoria's heads have gone from not spinning at all to spinning as they stumble their way to the nearest couch.

ignoring the couple going at it beside them, they start mumbling random stuff.

"cazzo, if you two are planning on fucking go get a room!" victoria snaps drunkily at the couple after listening to them for around ten minutes.

the couple looks at her, but she just bursts into laughter, alice joining her.

"we're sorryyy we're just drunk.." alice mumbles, but the couple has already gotten up, looking for a better place to have sex.

"on a random note.." alice starts and victoria does her best to focus on her despite the room around her spinning. "with my ex gone for so long i haven't had any sex.."

"can't agree, i get too many bitches." victoria says tries to sit upright, then failing and letting her head fall back.

"shut up, i've been out of business for three years." alice whines and tries to smack victoria's arm.

"three years?" victoria sits up straight. "that's a lot."

"the worst part is that he couldn't do shit in bed." alice continues. "i swear his ego is so inflated. he would always tell me that before he met me so many girls wanted to sleep with him." she takes the last sip of her third beer. "bet i can pull more girls than him."

victoria raises an eyebrow.
"he managed to pull you though."

"your point?" now it's alice's turn to to raise her eyebrow.

"if he pulled you he could pull any girl." she says and scoots closer to alice.

"is that so?" alice asks, leaning provocatively closer to the blonde.

they're getting closer and closer, both aware that what they're about to do will affect their relationship, but through their drunken state ignoring it.

"alicee there you aree!" a drunk damiano stops them by yelling louldy over the music. he gently grabs alice's hand. "come dance with mee!"

alice doesn't question the situation much and joins him on the dancefloor after victoria rejecting her invitation to dance with her.

"that was rough." a guy that has been on the floor this whole time says, having witnessed the whole scene.

"it was.." victoria agrees and takes the last sip of beer in her own bottle.

.

.

.
~tension~