mark's swearing in ceremony!

Mika, Joe and Elijah go to Mika's brother Mark's swearing in as Ambassador as Poland! Thank you to joebidenloving for helping me write this! Enjoy! 🇵🇱🇺🇸

January 20th, 2022

Today is going to be a special day for the entire Brzezinski-Scarborough family! Today, Mika's older brother Mark is going to be sworn in as the Ambassador to Poland!

Mika, Ian and Mark's father Zbigniew was born in Warsaw, Poland and when he was a child he and his family had to escape Poland due to Hitler. Zbigniew dedicated his life as an American foreign policy advisor to fighting Soviet tyranny and promoting the spread of freedom across the globe. Both Ian and Mark have dedicated their life work to the same things!

The whole entire family was very excited when Mark was asked by President Joe Biden to become the Ambassador to Poland and the Senate Foreign Relations Committee voted Mark in a few weeks ago!

Right now, Mika, Elijah and Joe are in the car and have just arrived to Washington DC from New York where they filmed Morning Joe today! Mika, Elijah and Joe have been traveling a little more for work and they have missed it.

Mika, Elijah and Joe are still about twenty minutes away from Mark's house where everyone will meet up and leave together to head to the White House.

Mark, his daughter Aurora, Ian and his son William are already in DC waiting for Mika, Joe and Elijah to arrive to head to the swearing in ceremony which is at 1:30pm.

Mark's wife Natalia, Ian's wife Ginny and Ian's daughter Sophie were all unable to come due to their busy schedules. Ian, Mark and Mika's mother Emilie was also unable to fly in due to her health, age and the ongoing pandemic.

During their few hour car ride, Mika and Joe have been talking to each other and doing work things while Elijah takes a much needed nap.

Mika smiles at Joe and then at a sleeping Elijah. Elijah is covered up by Joe's jacket.

"Hey, Joe?" Mika says softly to Joe, causing Joe to look at her.

"Yes, baby?" Joe says to Mika with a grin.

"Should I wake up Elijah now?" Mika asks Joe as she continues to watch Elijah happily sleep.

"He looks so peaceful, can't we wait a bit?" Joe says as he too looks over at Elijah.

"He really does." Mika says with a sigh.

"But were there in 15 minutes and we need to dress him for the rain before we get out." Mika adds.

"That's true, we better get him ready. He can be a bit grumpy when he is sleepy." Joe says and strokes Mika's hand.

Mika nods at Joe and moves over towards Elijah. She lifts lightly on Joe's jacket and strokes Elijah's cheek.

"Hi, baby boy. It's time to wake up. Elijah baby." Mika says softly to wake Elijah up.

Elijah wiggles in his car seat and covers his face with his hands, not wanting to wake up.

Joe and Mika both giggle and smile at each other as their little guy wakes up from a nice nap.

"Elijah. Sweet boy." Mika says softly to Elijah as he slowly wakes up.

Elijah slowly opens his eyes and looks at Mika and Joe.

"Hi, sleepyhead! Did you take a nice nap?" Joe asks Elijah and Elijah groans a little, causing Joe and Mika to giggle again.

"Hi, baby. You took a long nap today! You must be having a growth spurt, huh?" Mika says to Elijah and Elijah yawns.

"Do you want some juice?" Joe asks Elijah softly,