baby morning joe 3.0

There is a new member in the Brzezinski-Scarborough Family! Thank you to ReneeThornton8 for helping me write this! Please send suggestions on what you wanna see! Enjoy! Love • Bree 🩵🩷🩵*

January 4, 2024 - 12:30 pm
Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, Bethesda MD

Yesterday was an absolute joy for Joe and Mika. At 8 am, she went into labor during a commercial break while doing Morning Joe in DC, leading to Willie heading the show for the rest of the time.

Just over four hours later at 1:21 pm, they welcomed their third baby. A sweet baby boy named Griffin William Scarborough!

Griffin is named after two important people in Mike and Joe's lives.

Griffin is after Phil Griffin, the former president of MSNBC, the man who believed in the success of Morning Joe, also the show that Joe and Mika would meet and fall in love.

William is named after Willie, Mika and Joe's sidekick for the past almost seventeen years.

How did this happen? Mika had a severe health scare in May of 2023 that led to her being hospitalized. She had trouble breathing and they thought she had a blood clot in her lung.

Luckily, it wasn't a blood clot in her lung but severe side effects to what everyone believed was the start of menopause.

While at the hospital, a pregnancy test was taken as a precaution and it came up negative. However in reality, it was positive.

A few months later, Mika and Joe were extremely surprised to find out they were expecting their third child. Ultrasounds confirmed she was in fact pregnant in May and that this baby was conceived in Abu Dubai during the Forbes 30/50 Summit.

Joe and Mika already had a boy Elijah, and a girl Madi Jo, so they decided to not find out the gender of this baby and be surprised when the baby was born

With their four daughters between them and a few family members and friends right by their sides for love and support Griffin was born surrounded by people his mom and dad loved!

Fast forward to today, Elijah and Madi Jo are going to Walter Reed National Military Medical Center with Rachel and Melanie to meet their baby brother!

Rachel, Elijah, Madi Jo and Melanie are walking out of the parking garage and walking across the street where the hospital is.

"Look! It's time to walk across the street!" Melanie says, pointing at the crossing sign that has a person on it, meaning it's time to cross the street.

"Stay with me, Elijah. Hold my hand, please." Rachel says as Elijah holds her hand as they cross the street.

"Woah!" Madi Jo says, pointing at the hospital seeing how big it is.

"The hospital is big isn't it, Madi Jo?" Melanie says as Madi Jo giggles.

Rachel, Elijah, Madi Jo and Melanie all walk into the hospital together.

"Okay! We have to go to the information desk to get checked in!" Rachel says as Elijah looks around at the hospital.

"Ba ba!" Madi Jo says with a big smile.

"You see the gift shop? We will go there after we check in!" Melanie says as she fixes how she is holding Madi Jo, making sure she has a good hold on the wiggly thirteen month old.

Rachel, Elijah, Melanie and Madi Jo wait patiently in line.

"We are going to tell the lady that we are going to see your Mommy!" Rachel says as Elijah smiles.