Ch. 1: There was One

It's safe to say when you're obsessed over being loved, you'll never be loved. 

----

Nneka smiled at herself through the foggy mirror in the bathroom of her hotel room. She moisturized her face and patted her cheeks like men do after they shave. She would hold the air in her cheeks and watch it jiggle until her fish lips had disappeared.

It was something fun to do.

Something she did to distract herself from whatever worries she had, and it worked. All worries for the moments would suddenly disappear. Plus, it made her feel cute, and who doesn't love that feeling. Especially when you and your two best friends end up on a spontaneous trip to Spain with little to no Spanish except for one of course. Even though her spanish and Spain's spanish were completely different, it only mattered the experience.

Nneka walked out of the bathroom in her bathrobe and strutted down into the golden living room. Everything from the ceiling to the floor fit the aesthetic of a castle in different shades of yellow. The walls were scattered with oil paintings of landscapes. While the furniture color themes were tan, yellow, and white. She felt like royalty as she walked to the living room.

When she reached it, her best friends Stella and Natalie sat crossed legs in their robes. They were searching for places to look, check out, and exchange ideas.

When they caught sight of her, they began to cheer. Nneka turned her back to them, dropping the corner of her robe down revealing a white strap on her darkskin. The contract itself was stunning. She slowly pulled her robe open and dropped it to the ground.

Stella made googly eyes at her.

Natalie dramatically fell to the ground, holding her heart. "It hurt," she began. "My heart, I can't."

Nneka smiled, turning around as the cheers exploded.

She only had a white strapless shirt tucked into her off black jeans and white shoes. But for Nneka, it was a lot. She never really showed too much of herself, let alone her skin, but she slowly started to get out of her skin since she met Natalie in high school.

That was 14 years ago, she was 27 now.

And she still has a long way to go to be that confident girl she used to be.

Stella stood up.

It was her turn. A quick and simple movement that she perfected in front of them for her husband Alejandro. Stella slowly pulled down the bottom part of her robe, exposing her tanned skin. When a piece of cloth became visible, she threw the robe off and threw it at Nneka's face. Her face as she unclothed herself was amazement. Natalie started whistling and telling her to shake it. And Stella did.

In her one-piece long sleeve black romper that was less than knee-high, she shook everything.

Natalie started clapping like a proud mother, saying things like "Let your inner hoe out," and "her bitches."

The only appropriate way to respond was a bow that both Nneka and Stella gave to her.

After fanning herself and feeling the heat of the room, Natalie went up. She was the most dramatic with these eyes that seduced you. She really could have anyone she wanted, but even that would get boring.

Natalie turned to them slowly, beginning her drop to the ground. Each inch the robe went down, she would raise her shoulders, and any piece she wanted next. And when it finally fell to the ground. She stepped over the robe and walked towards them. Her hands swung by her side, and a cheeky smile was plastered on her face. She had a sleeveless dark red strap dress tied in the middle with a big belt.