CH.23: Paint n' Sip

It rained.

For other people, it poured down leaving them soaking. And for others, it made things easier.

Natalie waited outside a small art studio that was see-through. From the outside, she could see the tables lined up as a woman set them. She placed small paint trays filled with various colours, canvas and different types of cups.

It was a paint n' sip date.

Pink's idea.

Natalie standing out there, started to hit the palm of her hand with her phone. She was concerned.

Paint n' sip dates could go either way. Either Pink painted her in a beautiful light, or she looked like a monster.

Which would obviously be the answer to whether she could continue or not.

See the thing with Paint n' sip dates were simple. They illustrated the inner mind. The person painting their partner would have to use either their imagination or their art skills to describe what this person sitting in front of them illustrated to them.

What did they feel about them?

And being a little heavy-set made her worry. She had dated various of people who said weight wasn't an issue only to come around in an argument and suggest the gym. Which of course, was the last time they ever saw her.

Natalie was confident about herself, that much was obvious, but she really wanted Pink to be different.

She really wanted her to like her.

Because...because she liked her.

And yes they only talked a few times, and this was their first date, but sometimes you know.

And Natalie hoped this feeling was real.

It was 5 minutes before the start and she became worried. She was about to pace around and even considered waiting inside.

But when she decided to reach for the door, she saw her rushing down the street towards her.

Pink looked different.

She wore a black corset with a regular long-sleeved dress shirt and loose pants that covered her boots. This was concerning considering their objective for the night was painting.

And her haircut. A wolf cut that made her look like a boss, maybe a mafia boss that had stolen her most prized possession, her heart.

She was beautiful.

Panting, she stood up, pushed a strain of hair behind her ear revealing the dyed pink strips and smiled at her. "Hi," she said putting her hands inside her pockets.

"Hi."

Natalie smiled.

Even from just this simple exchange, it was kinda obvious.

Like a soft wave pushing and pulling them together, a magnet, positive and negative.

"Should we?"

Natalie nodded, and Pink held the door open as they walked in.

For Natalie, she swayed her hips towards an empty table right by the teacher's desk. Her black pencil skirt absolutely worked not only on her but another person. Pink pulled the seat for her, then rushed to her side, sitting down.

On the outside, Pink appeared normal. Her face was fixed with small smiles here and there, but inside she was a calm freak. Screaming and taking various deep breaths all inside her head.

Once everyone had settled down, the teacher, a white woman with oval glasses resting on her bangs walked over. She handed them both aprons and then rushed to the front of the class, clapping her hands together to gain everyone's attention.

"Awesome..." she sang. "Our final couple has arrived so let's begin. There will be a 30 minute painting session, followed by show and tale. First with your partner and then with the rest of the class. Afterwards, dinner."

Everyone nodded.

"I will walk around and place small cheese and meat platter just in case."

And like...the show began.

Natalie started with bright yet soft light colors. She stroked the page with grace and gently that nothing could have bled through.

She took a glance at Pink's container and saw a bunch of dark colours mixed, and she was afraid. Immediately her brain went to her thoughts earlier.

And became scared that she would have to cut her out.

Yet the worries seem small.

Pink's hand would inch closer to Natalie's until she could feel the heat from hers. She reached a little more and took her finger in her hand.

Instantly, Natalie pulled back. She rested her hand on her lap because of instinct. Still once she registered it, she placed her hand back and allowed Pink's touch.

Pink who had pretended to scratch the back of her hair smiled softly at the invitation.

When the time to show each other their pieces came, Natalie sighed heavily closing her eyes.

"Don't judge me," Pink said.

"It can't be that bad," she hoped.

Pink turned it around.

Natalie relaxed.

On the edge of the canvas, was a black border. and shining through was a yellow halo over an attempt at a face that showed no ill intention. The shirt was like the purple long-sleeve she wore. The face brown with rosy cheeks and flowers growing from the bottom of the page.

"It's beautiful." 

 Pink stared at her picture, then shook her head. "I'm not much of an artist, but I feel like if I had time to draw it out first, I'll look better." 

 Natalie agreed but tried to hold in the giant smile that was trying to burst out.

"Okay, I'll show mine next." She turned her canvas and Pink's eyes widened. The picture looked almost identical to her, except for the sunflowers in her hair and the pink borders.

"Wow...you're really good at this!" 

 Natalie smirked, "I do decorate cake."

"I can see the talent all over for sure."

"Thank you, but yours is good too."

She shook her head, "Not compared to yours. You'll literally an artist. My artist." 

 Natalie stared at her. She took a deep breath, exhaled, and nodded. "okay."

-----

Comment, like and share