CH. 7: The Bar

"How do you know Kan?" Jaz the bride asked. Her lips curled up, and her eyes were full of panic.

Nneka stood there, pleading to the heavens, that this was all a weird dream, a misunderstanding really. Because one time was a coincidence, the second is well... destiny?

Jaz looked between them. She had dyed dark purple hair and hazel eyes that couldn't decide who to interrogate with. "Hello, is anyone going to answer me?" Kan turned to her, "She was a patient of mine." "Was?" her soon-to-be husband asked. His name was Thomas, and he was edging closer to the table, ready for the details. "As in dentist-patient?" "He was her substitute dentist." Natalie filled them in.

They "Ahhh..., " in sync. While the last uncounted person, Thomas's younger brother Arthur, was too busy eating the wings of the bar to pay attention to his brother's friend's interesting dilemma.

"So this isn't going to be awkward right?" Jaz began. "Like you didn't tell him you love him or something." Nneka and Natalie's eyes quickly glanced at each other and then back.

Jaz slammed her hand down, palm faced down, catching jumping bodies. "Bathroom...now."

Natalie and Nneka quickly followed.

Inside, Jaz stared at them brows frowned while sucking her teeth. "What was that?"

"What was what?" Nneka asked.

"The eyes thingy. I asked if you told him something like you love him, and you did the eye thingy," she explained.

Natalie shook her head as their eyes darted between each other once again. "No we didn't."

"You did it again!" she yelled pointing it out.

"Okay okay, I'm not entirely sure if it was that bad," Nneka said.

"Oh god..." Jaz hesitated. She covered her mouth for a brief moment, "you told him you love you?"

Natalie scoffed, "Worst, she basically assaulted him, and called him an angel."

"Oh god, oh my god. You're supposed to partner up with him!"

"Relax, it shouldn't be a problem," Natalie said. "He told me himself she wasn't that bad. Or the worst he had. But it was bad. Like disappointing bad."

Nneka elbowed her.

"At least now I know what type of drunk you are." Nneka scratched the back of her head.

"Look, as long as there's no awkward feelings or lingering emotions, I think it should be fine. It can work...right?" Jaz nodded with her hands resting on her hips.

Jaz left the bathroom, and once again they followed.

She smiled at the guys, sliding in next to her soon-to-be husband, and Natalie to her side.

"Did you find out what happened?" Thomas whispered.

She patted his leg, "Later."

Nneka sat next to Kan, who seemed unbothered eating some of Arthur's side of fries.

It made her feel uneasy. Even if she couldn't remember, just sitting there was too much for her.

"I'm going to the bar." "Get me some french fries," Natalie told her.

She smiled awkwardly, standing up and going to the bar.

Kan took a quick look at her walking away, then resumed stealing Arthur's fries, just as 2 plates full of pizza were placed on the top of their table.

Nneka sat at the bar while scratching the back of her hand.

"What can I get you?" the bartender asked.