Ch 4: Laughing Gas

By the time the laughing gas had worn off, Nneka thought everything was normal. She walked out of her room with her pajamas and her bonnet on.

Sitting in the living room was Natalie aimlessly swiping through her phone. When she caught a glimpse of Nneka, she scoffed and placed her phone down.

They were roommates, and having to explain to her roommate the embarrassment that they both went through, was also part of every friendship.

"Are you ashamed of yourself?" she asked.

Nneka sat down. On the coffee table were two cups of homemade lemon ginger tea. She took a sip, "Why would I?"

"You don't remember?"

"Wasn't I heavily medicated?" she answered.

"Yeah, but..." Natalie sighed. "You were too honest, well I think you thought you were being honest. I mean I know laughing gas makes people's innermost thoughts come out, but I was expecting a secret or two not-"

"Not what? Oh god, what did I do?"

Natalie shook her head. She crossed her arms against her chest and leaned back on the couch. "You were hitting on the doctor, like seriously hitting on him. Like if you worked for him or were his boss, there would be a serious conversation about workplace harassment."

"That doesn't sound that bad actually."

"You tried to touch his man boobs."

"Okay, now that's bad." she covered her face, "Start from the beginning, what exactly happened."

3 hours ago

It was over. Dr. Cho had taken the gas mask off her face, trying to ease Nneka back to reality, but she had other plans. Nneka tried to stand up but found herself falling backwards, and slowly as if she was in the matrix.

Lucky Dr. Cho rushed to grab her before she could hit her head on the light that was not even a few inches away.

He held her up, slowly dragging her to a chair. "Please sit down here, your friend is coming soon."

Nneka nodded, smiling with closed eyes. She was dazed and 100% confused.

"You know, I don't just open my mouth for any pretty man, but for you, I'll give you an exception." she opened her mouth again as the door opened.

Natalie looked between the two, rushed over and closed Nneka's mouth. She placed her hand over hers, but she licked it.

"I'm trying to say save you!" Natalie yelled.

The Dr. held his hand up, listening. "It's okay, it's okay."

Natalie wiped her hands on her pants, while Nneka started up once again.

"You know how I know you're a beautiful man? It's in the eyes, even with a mask on, I know you're hot!"

"Oh god," Natalie covered her face.

Dr. Cho reassured her, "Trust me, this is nothing. By the time she gets home, she'll sleep it off and--"

"Shushhhh!" Nneka silenced everyone. She walked towards the doctor and leaned into his ear whispering, "You have a halo on your head."

Instantly his head shifted to her, and he moved away. "Um..."

"Yeah, I think it's time to go." Natalie walked over and tried to grab her hand, but she quickly pulled them to her,

"Are you an angel?" Nneka asked him seriously. Her eyes sparkled talking to him. Grinning from ear to ear, she seemed too happy.

Still, he obviously wasn't, he looked away. He swallowed hard, praying for personal space. In fact, it started to seem like she might be in the top percentage of patients that had a very strong negative reaction to laughing gas. Actually, he was just happy she didn't grope him, at the very least.

"I think I saw you in my dreams." Nneka continued.

And that's when it shifted.

Nneka zoomed towards him. She placed her hands on either side of his arms squeezing them to see how firm they were. And for some reason he just allowed it, but he kept pushing his head to call Natalie over. "Help," he called over calmly.

But Natalie just stood in shock.

Nneka was never a direct person, and seeing her like this was a wild sight that she was extremely tempted to record.

Nneka's hands were quickly reaching up, feeling his abs, all the way to his chest, but luckily Natalie came back to her senses and grabbed both her hands and held it in the air.

"I"m so sorry, she never ever like this. It must be the gas."

He nodded, fixing his clothes. Clearing his throat, he agreed. "I would assume the same."

Nneka yawned, she felt her eyes watery and wanted to sleep. She started to walk away as Natalie and Dr. Cho continued their conversation. Thankfully, she took a chair, placed it against the way and fell asleep.

"She's going to be so ashamed of herself when she wakes up."

"Honestly, I'm fine. And she's actually not the worst. I won't lie, if you didn't stop her from almost touching me, then she would have been in my top 20 probably."

"Top 20!"

He nodded.

"That's a lot. You mean at least 20 people have full-on touched you like that."

"Yeah, but it was over a long period of time. Not all at once."

Natalie nodded, "I guess that makes it better I think." she looked away, trying to process how many people he probably had to deal with over the course of time working there. Then how many people needed their teeth pulled out?

She calculated probably 50. He didn't look over 25, but he was a dentist, a doctor basically, so she went with 30.

"That's still a large number."

"True, but at least she didn't try to kiss me."

Natalie scoffed, glancing at Nneka. "Oh buddy, believe me, I think that was next."

He half smiled, scared, and thankful, but his prayers were immediately rejected.

Nneka woke up. "Are we still talking to the pretty man?"

"How does she even know I'm pretty? I'm wearing a mask."

Nneka tilted her head, "You have a halo. Only pretty people are angels."

Natalie nervously laughed." I think that's my cue." She picked up Nneka and rushed out of the building towards the parking lot. Not another word was said until they left the premises,

All she could think of was just waiting. Because when Nneka woke up, she'll have another to tell.

_______________

Hey guys, I'm still trying to figure out the writing schedule. And its done, I'll let you know.

Comment, like and share