☾ 23

"Okay, kids

"Okay, kids. What do you think the highlight of a field trip is?" asked Mr. Han. The large group of students started to shout out answers that they believed were right. "The highlight of a field trip is the treasure hunt." The moment he said that the teenagers started to whine and complain to each other.

Chaeyoung stood silently next to Sua and Jugyeong. The girl was zoning out, feeling her head pound. Soon enough everyone took off in search of the prize. Chaeyoung snapped out of it and walked to her teacher.

"Mr. Han, I'm not feeling so well," she explained.

"Oh no, you can go ahead and get some rest on the bus. I can send someone to get you later," he replied, letting the girl leave.

"Thank you," she said, walking towards the bus.

Seojun's eyes silently followed her as she moved away. A few minutes later he leaves Chorong's side and heads to the bus.

He walks into the mostly empty bus, seeing Chaeyoung sleeping with her head against the window.

"Princess," he says calmly, trying to wake her. "Moon Chaeyoung. Are you hurt somewhere?" The girl didn't respond, clearly unconscious. The boy feels her forehead, realizing she had a fever.

"You're hot. Why didn't you do anything about this?" he scolded her, as she slept. The boy leaves the bus, but quickly comes back with water and medicine.

"Wake up for a second. I got some fever medicine for you," he says, nudging her awake. The girl groans, sitting up straight. She groggily takes the medicine and hands him back the water bottle.

"How did you know?" she asks, eyes still closed. She hears some shuffling and feels a jacket be put over her.

"Take a snap, princess," he tells her as he lays his jacket over her like a blanket.

"Thank you," she says.

"Don't be sick," he scolds once again. "I hate it when someone is sick." Seojun continues to stare at the sleeping girl beside him, a faint smile on his face.

He pulls out a bracelet he made, which was made of a plant he had found. He ties it onto her wrist and smiles to himself.

"Soojin, have you seen Chaeyoung?" asked Suho. He had not seen her the entire hunt and was worried.

"Oh, I think she went to the bus to rest," she answered. The boy nodded before taking off in the direction of the bus. Soojin's smile faded, watching the boy she liked run off.

Seojun looked outside the bus window and noticed Suho stop by the crosswalk. Suho immediately sprinted to the entrance of the bus. Seojun took his hand and laid it onto his own shoulder, waiting for Suho to arrive.

When he finally did, Suho glared at him, stopping right in front of where they were sitting. Suho looked at Chaeyoung's sleeping face then turned to glare at his ex-best friend. Suho reached to grab Chaeyoung but Seojun grabbed the boy's wrist, stopping him firmly.

"She'll wake up," he said.

"Let go," replied Suho.

"What if I don't want to?" Seojun shot back. Suho ripped his arm out of Seojun's grip.

"I thought you liked Lim Jugyeong, so why are you here?" asked Suho, not taking his eyes off the boy.

I thought so too, thought Seojun.

"Chaeyoung's my friend," he said, avoiding the question.

"Do you like Lim Jugyeong or not?" questioned Suho.

"I don't know," he answered.

"What do you mean you don't know?" asked Suho, getting pissed off. "You said you liked Jugyeong but here you are with Chaeyoung. Make up your mind."

"It's not any of your business who I like," said Seojun, glaring back at Suho.

"It is if it's Chaeyoung," replied Suho. "Don't mess with her feelings. She's not a toy for your mind games Han Seojun."

With that Suho moved Seojun out of the way and carefully shook Chaeyoung up.

"Chaeyoung, wake up," the boy said gently. "We have to head back to camp." Chaeyoung rubbed her eyes and saw both Suho and Seojun.

The girl nodded slowly and slid out of the seats. Suho grabbed her wrist and took her away from Seojun. Chaeyoung turned around, clearly still groggy, and waved goodbye to Seojun.

Seojun scoffed a laugh and watched the girl he liked get dragged away.