☾ 25

The next morning the students were all packed up and ready to go home

The next morning the students were all packed up and ready to go home. Chaeyoung's eyes were still swollen from crying last night and was doing her best to avoid Seojun. Suho had spotted the girl amongst the crowd and walked towards her.

"Are you feeling better now?" he asked, looking down at her.

"Yeah, I'm fine now," she answered, hugging herself as she looked around. "Oh yeah, how was it with Jugyeong? Did you confess to her last night?" Chaeyoung could vaguely remember how happy and excited Jugyeong was when she came back to their shared tent.

"How did you know?" he asked, shocked.

"Why would I not? You guys are both my best friends, of course I'd know," she replied, pushing him with her shoulder playfully. "So, are you guys dating now?"

Suho nodded, awkwardly avoiding eye contact with Chaeyoung, feeling embarrassed.

"Ha! I knew you'd guys end up together," she laughed. "You better sit next to each other on the bus back," she pointed her finger at him.

"Yeah, yeah," he replied, "just don't tell anyone," he warned her, putting her finger down.

"Okay, okay," she agreed, waving him off.

Soon, they started to board the bus and Chaeyoung sat towards the middle of the bus, having no set seat partner. She was looking out the window, as she watched her classmates slowly get onto the bus.

She felt someone sit down next to her, so she turned around to see who it was, only to be met with the face of the person she was desperately trying to avoid. She turned back to the window, silently cursing at her luck.

"Hey, why won't you look at me?" Seojun asked, turning her back around gently. She didn't respond, avoiding all eye contact with the male in front of her.

He sighed. "Are you feeling better?"

"Yeah, it's nothing," she answered, doing her best to sound nonchalant. "You don't have to worry."

"Why can't I worry?" he asked, still staring at her.

"Why would you?" she replied, looking back at him this time.

"Because I care about you," he answered. Chaeyoung was speechless. For a moment, and just for a moment, she thought maybe he liked her back. The way his eyes seemed so genuine as he looked at her, but then she remembered last night.

Him and Jugyeong. Together all alone. Hugging. Him touching her face all close. That's when she remembered, that's right, he likes Jugyeong, not me.

She quickly turned back around, breaking their eye contact and faced the window again. She bit her lip in nervousness and put her head against the window, praying for the ride home to be quick.

It was their first day back from school and the girls were eating lunch together.

"Oh right. On the weekend, after we study, let's go to the sauna. How's that?" suggested Sua.

"Sauna? That's a bit so-so for me," said Jugyeong, hesitantly.

"Why? Let's go together. It's fun," pleaded Sua.

"I'm a bit..." trailed off Jugyeong, looking at Chaeyoung and Soojin for help.

"Hey, what sauna? I hate hot things," said Soojin.

"Me too, it feels suffocating," Chaeyoung added.

"Don't if you don't want to," pouted Sua, disappointed her friends didn't like her idea. Jugyeong shot the two girls a finger heart when Sua looked away.

All of a sudden Suho pulled out a chair next to Jugyeong and sat down with his lunch tray. The girls all awkwardly watched him, as their other classmates started to gossip around them.

"I lost my appetite," shouted Jugyeong, abruptly standing up and leaving.

"Hey! After one bite?" asked Soojin.

"She must be on a diet," Sua commented, watching their friend rush out of the cafeteria.

Chaeyoung on the other hand, put her hand over her mouth, trying to stop herself from laughing. A small giggle escaped as she watched Suho sit in shock.

The boy turned to look at Chaeyoung, only causing her to laugh even more. In annoyance, Suho glared back at the giggling girl and turned to face Taehoon who sat down next to him.

Her small laughs continued as Taehoon started speculating what could have happened for Jugyeong to avoid Suho. She peeked back at the pair as Taehoon started comforting Suho about whatever he saw on his phone, which caused her to go back into a fit of giggles.