☾ 30

Today was the day

Today was the day. Seojun and Chaeyoung were going to go on their first date. The two decided to start their day off with a brunch picnic at a local park. Seojun had even packed her favorite foods for them to eat.

They spent some time there, talking, taking pictures, and just enjoying each other's presence. Seojun carefully watched over Chaeyoung with a loving smile as the girl made a mini flower crown.

When she was finished, she put it on top of her head, posing with a smile.

"Flowers look good on you," he smiled, brushing a hair out of her face. Chaeyoung looked down with a shy smile from his words and actions.

"I know," she said, taking the crown off and putting it on his own head. "They look good on you two." She laughed as he got flustered.

The next part of their day consisted of them going to an amusement park. Chaeyoung had always wanted to go to one, but was never allowed to because of her illness.

Even though Seojun didn't let her go on any roller coasters, in fear that something would happen, she loved it. The couple went on the carousel, played some mini games, and ate the snacks there.

She felt the most normal there and she loved it. Seojun couldn't take his eyes off of her. He knew that she would most likely be leaving soon, so he wanted to take the time to appreciate her. This was the girl that he loved.

Chaeyoung winced, clutching her chest, and hunched over. Seojun rushed to grab her, steadying her, "Are you okay?"

Chaeyoung breathed out, she had been holding in the pain up until now. She nodded, sitting back up.

The two sat on a bench, in a bench that overlooked the city. She leaned her head on his shoulder. Seojun wrapped an arm around her, clutching her shoulder as if she would disappear forever if he let go.

"I love you," she said, making Seojun freeze.

"I love you too," he replied, looking at his girlfriend. She couldn't make eye contact with him. He kissed her forehead and they continued to stare at the city lights.

"I'm sorry," she whispered, "for putting you through this." It hurt her. She knew that he was hurting because her time was almost up. She felt it creeping up on her, but she wanted to stay with him. Here, in his arms, where she felt safe and loved.

"Don't say that." He could feel tears building up in his eyes. He had been holding them back for so long. "There's still a chance that-"

"You know there's not, we're out of time" she cut him off, voice breaking at the end. She finally turned to face him and they stared at each other.

"Stop it," he said, the tears falling as he watched the girl he loved.

"Time really hates to wait, you know?" she laughed, bitterly, wiping the tears away. She held his hand.

Seojun was silent as he held her close to him. Chaeyoung knew it was coming and she hated it.

It was time.

Chaeyoung could feel herself feeling more and more lightheaded. Her eyelids felt heavy, her chest was throbbing in pain.

"Jun," she muttered in pain, her head lolling to the side. Seojun pulled her away, finally understanding the situation.

"Not now," he said. He laid her on the ground, grabbing his phone to call an ambulance.

"Jun," she said, again, trying to reach for his hand. After he called, he put his phone down and brought her head to his lap.

"I'm right here Chae, I'm right here, don't worry," he cried, clutching her hand.

"It hurts Jun."

"I know, princess, I know."

"I-," she started, breathing heavily, "I want you to know that," she paused again from the pain.

"If I knew that this was the life I was destined to- to live then...I'd live it all over again just to see you," she whispered out and he couldn't help the warm tears from trailing down his face

Seojun choked up, shaking his head. Fate had once brought them together, now it was time for fate to pull them apart.

"They're almost here, please," he pleaded. "Just a little longer, just keep your eyes open a little longer."

She just barely shook her head. Her eyes were half-lidded, her grip was getting weaker. And he knew.

"I promise you, in another life we'll meet again, I'll try my best to find you," he whispered to her. He couldn't be selfish. To ask her to stay when she was in this much pain.

"It's alright," he said, holding her hand, tears streaming down her face. He had lost all composure.

She slowly reached up to touch his face, brushing the tears from his face as he leaned into her touch.

"I love you, always Jun," she whispered. In mere seconds, her hand dropped, completely limp, head rolling to the side.

Seojun cried out, clutching her head.

They were like the sun and moon, the light to each other when one couldn't shine, but just like them, they rose and set apart.

It was the most painful thing he had ever felt in his life. His vision had gone completely blurry from the tears.

And just like that, the girl who's smile radiated like the sun, the girl who's contagious laughter always filled the air, was gone. 

----

IM SORRY