Chapter Seven

Ryder's POV

My phone vibrated on the passenger seat signifying I got a text, I picked it up and looked at the screen, a message from Kay, my face lit up immediately,
"I miss you", it read.
It was moments like these that I really knew what happiness meant, Kayden meant everything to me, and I wasn't ready to throw that away for any reason.

I drove into the Company's parking lot and parked at my favorite spot, taking the file and my phone from the passenger seat, I locked the doors and headed straight to Day's office.

That boy Andrew has really gotten into Day, he got his phone number and Address from Adam, and has been sending him flowers and gifts for weeks now
The thing is no one has ever gotten to him like this, and he hasn't even spared anyone a second glance since Philip.
I tried talking him into approaching him, but he just won't hear it.

Entering Day's office, he had his back to me as he was standing in front of his ceiling to floor window, with his hands in his pockets, lost in thought.

"I'll bet a million bucks, you're thinking about that boy" I said as I closed the door. He slowly turned and sighed a little

"Well you win"
Taking a sip of his coffee on the table, he put both his hands in his pants pockets again and faced me directly, his gaze low as I was sitting across from him by now, with my legs plopped up on his desk, crossed at the ankles.

I knew I was the only person that had the liberty to do that get away with it, and I took proper advantage of it, any other day, my shoes might have been flying through the windows of his office by now, but he looked too weak to even react.

"Honestly Ry, something is wrong with me", he started and I already knew where this was headed.
"I can't seem to get him out of my head, no matter what I do, nothing works, he manages to invade my every line of thought, I know it sounds cliche but I'm really losing my mind" He was getting worked up now.

"Relax dude, I know", I tried to calm him
"No you don't", his voice getting loud.
"You don't Ry, I have his schedule so I wait outside his apartment cause I know exactly when he leaves for school and sometimes I go out of my way to wait outside his school just to watch him leave with his best friend Suzanne, driving off, completely unaware of my existence, and the days I go to Jerry's, it's just to see him and you know how it goes, I keep leaving flowers, chocolates, stuffed animals and the sort for him, which I'm sure he doesn't even touch, that's if he doesn't bin them the moment he sees it".

"When I'm not trying to catch a glimpse of him, I'm in my head killing myself with thoughts of him. I lay awake at night wondering what it would feel like, him lying next to me, holding him in my arms, being so close, and what eats me up more is that he barely even knows I exist, so unless you've been in a similar situation, you don't Ry, and it's killing me".

He finished with an exasperated sigh and turned to face the window again, his hands crossed over his chest, I had to shut my mouth, cause it had been slightly ajar while he talked, taking a deep breath, I thought carefully about my next words.

"Well I certainly didn't know all that, but believe me, I can understand what you're going through". He didn't make any move, or say anything, so I just continued.

"Again, let me suggest you approach him".
"And tell him what Ry", he spoke calmly.
"Well for starters, let him know you exist". I said, hoping he listens this time around.
He turned to face me now and sat in his chair weakly.

"You think I haven't thought about that?, I think about it every day, I want to but I'm just too scared, if he rejects me, I really don't know what I would do with myself, it's safer admiring him from a distance, but it kills me at the same time, I'm so into that boy, dare I say I'm in love with him, I've fallen utterly and helplessly in love with him, how sick is that? "

" Then reach out to him Day, seriously what's the worse that could happen?, him not being interested in you?, which I doubt, but at least you know you tried, instead of beating yourself to death here, please just trust me on this one".
I looked at him expectantly, and he looked like he was considering it.

"And he won't think I'm one of those stereotyped rich men that just likes to use people because they can?, that think they can get anything with a throw of a little money, I mean.. I've been sending him gifts so I wouldn't blame him".

"Are you??"
I asked, already knowing the answer to that.
"Like I said, let's just try, please".
"Alright fine", he said, "and I'm chopping your feet off if they go up my desk again".
He added, faking a stern look. I couldn't help but burst out laughing which made him chuckle a bit as he started working on his computer.

"Boy I wish you could", I said and laughed a little more.
"Get out"
"Glady, it reeks of unrequited love in here".
I retorted, as he looked up from his computer quickly, with his mouth open.
"Wow, low blow dude, we scoring cheap shots now?".
"Whatever", I said getting up, "see you at dinner, and look good" I said at the door.
"What, wait, what do you mean?", I heard him say as I shut the door.
"I always look good!", I heard him shout just as I started walking away, I chuckled at that, 'I know you do', I said to myself.
Rosie smiled her sweet, ever bright smile as I passed by her desk, "have a nice day sir" "you too Rosie", I smiled back as I turned the corner to the elevator, I had some preparations to do for tonight.