Chapter Twenty Four

Andrew's POV

I woke up to my phone ringing..I knew exactly who was calling, without looking at the screen, I answered it and put it to my ear.

"What?"

"Oh great, with me it's 'what', but it would've been a different story if it were Damon calling, how tf are you still asleep at 8:30am? You have like 10 seconds to bring your ass downstairs or I'm coming up"

The line went dead before I even had the chance to respond, Sue was downstairs???

Oh shiittt! we were supposed to go to the mall today, her hair appointment was at 9am, then her nails, then do a little shopping, then go for lunch, it's been a while we hung out, since school is on break now, we might as well do all those things we've been missing out on.

We already had the day planned out, how did I oversleep??

I thought as I scurried out of bed but not before I caught a glimpse of the note on the bedside table, Dee must've left me a note before leaving, picking it up, a smile automatically appeared on my face as true to my thoughts, Dee left me a note saying he had to go into the office very early so as to prepare for the meeting, and that I slept so peacefully and was glad he didn't wake me up and of course how he loved me more than anything else in the world, I felt the blush creep in but before I could even bask in it..

"ANDREW FUCKING LIGHTHOUSE, I SWEAR TO GOD!!"... I heard her shout from downstairs.

Shit shit shit!, I completely forgot about... Oh my god, Sue was going to kill me..
I quickly sent her a text that said "I'll be out in 10".

Running into the bathroom, I hurriedly brushed my teeth and took a quick shower, hopped into the first thing I saw and was done in record time, arriving in the living room, Sue was nowhere in sight..

"Sue?"

No answer, I glanced around and was just retrieving my phone from my pocket to call her before a smack to the back of my head told me exactly where she was.

"Owww"
That really hurt, and how the hell does she move so stealthily..

I turned around quick to find a pissed Suzanne, while rubbing the place of impact.
"Look I'm really sorry Sue, I don't know what happened, I forget to set an alarm and I overslept"

I took her hand in mine in a pleading manner, I really hated seeing her like this.
"I'm really sorry Sue, c'mon let me drive you to the mall, we barely have 10 minutes to meet up with your appointment"

We ought to be leaving now, if we were going to make the appointment, but Sue wasn't moving, she seemed to be studying me, then the next thing, she brought her free hand to my hair in an attempt to arrange it.

"You look terrible Peaches"
Her voice was so calm now, as she used both hands to dress my hair and wipe something off my face.

"Your skin is so dry, you're gonna go back upstairs, take your time to apply some lotion and chapstick, then actually style your hair".

"But what about your..?"
"I called her and moved it to 11am, just before you came down, after I realized we weren't going to make it after all"

I let out a huge sigh of relief and wrapped Sue in a hug..
"What would I be without you Sue.."
I said honestly as she hugged me back.

"Alright alright, I made breakfast, so go get done, so you can eat, we've got a long day ahead of us"

"Of course, I love you Sue, so much" I said and dropped a kiss on her cheek before hurrying upstairs.

..................
Damon's POV
The meeting was long as hell, and very demanding, we almost lost the deal, it was a close call but at the end of the day, we had it.

Entering my office, I snatched the tie from my neck, loosening it and removing it completely, I undid three buttons and plopped into my chair as I couldn't help but think back to Philip.

I would've loved to stretch this out, keep him waiting, or even ignore him completely, but it kept nagging at the back of my mind, and he might start acting funny, like approach Angel or even worse, I didn't want this to drag out, and getting texts from him all day didn't seem to help at all.

Just what did he want, I mean.. He was the one that left, I was the one here, waiting for him, trying to reach him while he cut contact with me in every possible way.

So what did he want now?? I need to get this done with, and fast, I decided there and then to meet him tonight and tell Angel everything when I return home, I just hope he understands.

Speaking of Angel, I texted him, telling him I missed him, apparently he and Sue agreed to hang out the whole day so they were still out.

Great, it's just 2pm, I didn't have much to do at the office today anymore, so I decided to head home, but not before I texted Phil letting him know we were meeting tonight and the address.
I chose a bar downtown.

At home, I called Ry who was out of town for a business proposal, to let him in on the development, he didn't like the idea but there was nothing that could be done, I already made up my mind, I needed this, I've waited for this for a long time.

I thought about Angel again and how I would tell him, this could either pass on lightly or be a fireball that explodes and destroys everything in it's way, what I would give for it to be the former.