Chapter Fourteen

Andrew's POV

I woke up happier than normal, Damon was really getting to me now, which made me really think, was I ready to give this my all??

He seems nice yes, but I couldn't,t help think he looked like your regular heartbreaker, comes in and just steals your heart with his gorgeous looks, pretty words and that strong aura, and then then leave you just when you can't seem to let go anymore.

I mean, who wouldn't want this man??
How is he even single??
Men and women would definitely be taking turns to line up at his door everyday, why of all people did it have to be me??

I don't think I have anything someone like Damon would want, this guy was a multi millionaire for all I know, and with a snap of his fingers, could easily get anyone he wants, but here he was, professing his love for me.
What if this was all a joke??, or a bet??

What are the odds that Damon really just saw me and fell in love with me, sincerely, with no strings attached?.

I sighed as I got up from my bed, dialing Sue's number, she has always been my go to, my best friend, and my advisor.
We were the same age yes, but Sue is just so smart, knows something about everything, and always has the right words for you.

"You better have a good reason for calling me this early on my off day, Lighthouse."

She said straight up in a groggy voice, and I realised I must have woken her up, she only called me by my last name when she was very serious.
"Whoa whoa, it hasn't gotten to that, and it's not that early I said as I laughed and glanced at the wall clock my mum gave me, 6:10am.

"Oh dear, it's pretty early, sorry Sue but I just needed to talk to you, I have a date with Damon later today and I'm just unsure about this whole thing, I do like him, but you know how I feel about commitments and relationships, I mean, look at him Sue, don't he just look like your regular Heartbreaker, why me??, is the universe playing some kind of dirty tricks with me? I can't go through something like that again Sue, I really can't."

I heard her sigh deeply,
"I know peaches, why don't you come over to my place later?, and we can talk about it over ice cream?".
"Oh my god Sue, you're seriously the best, I love you so much, I'll be there in an hour"

"WHAT!??, when I said later I meant noon"
"Okay then, see you 7:30"
"Are you out of your....."
I ended the call as i jumped out of the bed and into the bathroom.

....................................
"I haven't seen  you this happy about someone since Miles" Sue said.
"Yeah, and please remind me what happened with Miles again.." I chipped in, not impressed.
Sue sighed and continued.
"Look, not everyone will be Miles okay, seriously I think you should give it a try, I like this, Andy, I like that you're finally opening up to someone, accepting that you feel that way for someone, and if Mr charming hurts like you like you think he will, I'll pay him a black visit, you know I  will."

I laughed a little, " I know you will Su and thank you, but I really hope you never have to" I said as I sank lower into the couch,

"Seriously give it a shot, give it your everything, there's something about the both of you that just feels right, it's uncommon, trust me and if anything happens, you know I'll always be here with you no matter what"

"Oh Sue, what did I do to deserve you"
I said as I hugged her and she wrapped her arms around me and stroked my hair, I really love her, I thought as I tightened my arms.
"Okay, that's enough teddy bear, don't strangle me, c'mon tell me, what do you plan to wear tonight??"
"Yeah that's true, I haven't even thought about it."

I decided we'd go see a movie, then dinner later at Springwelly, it's a simple and less crowded diner, so I gotta put on something a little casual, and that's the hardest of them all.
I texted him the details, and to pick me at my place at 5pm.

At 5:02, my doorbell rung, there he stood, at my doorway, the most handsome man I ever came across, in black jeans, white tees with a jacket over it and white sneakers, oh damn, he was smoking hot.
He held his hand out as he handed me flowers, I blushed as I took them and smiled happily at him, actually lost for words due to the overwhelming sensations I was feeling.
This is it Andrew, I thought to myself, this is the feeling.