Chapter Seventeen

Andrew's POV

"YOU KISSED HIM!??"

Sue shouted from across my living room.
"No of course not", I said immediately.

"So you let him kiss you then??"
She asked again as she crossed her hands over her chest and looked at me, disappointedly.

"C'mon Sue, don't look at me like that, it's nothing like that, we were talking and all of a sudden, he was kissing me, I pushed him away immediately, you know I wouldn't do something like that to Dee, and now he won't even talk to me and you're mad at me, I feel like shit"

I said tiredly, as I plumped into the couch beside me, wondering just how everything went wrong in the twinkle of an eye.

Kevin was a senior at school and had been trying to get me to go out with him for a while now, but I didn't think he would take it that far.

Dee and I had agreed he would come pick me up after my class, so we could have lunch together, so when Kevin saw me sitting under the tree, he might've guessed or known I was waiting for Dee,  as he was always watching me, maybe he saw him drop me off that morning before heading to work, knowing I didn't come with my car.

So he came up and started a simple conversation, I thought well, Dee would be here any minute, so it won't really matter, lately I've been doing all I can to totally avoid him but he's too persistent.
We were talking about how sunny the day was, and the next thing I know he's kissing me.

I pushed him away and used the back of my hand to wipe my mouth.

"Are you out of your mind?"
I said to him but he only smiled and looked to the left, that's when I saw, Dee was leaning against his car with folded arms, watching us.

"Oh god, oh my god, what have you done?"
Kevin must've seen Dee arrive and kissed me, that was his plan all along.

I began walking slowly towards Dee, and stopped a few feet from him, his eyes never leaving me, his face had managed to take on a distressed look in a very short time.

"Baby I__ get in the car"
He cut me short, spared one more glance at Kevin, who was still standing there, basking in his victory, then got in.

I hurried to the passenger side, as I didn't want to get more on his bad side than I already have.

The ride was silent, I kept looking at him every now and then, he didn't even look in my direction once and seemed so lost in thought.
We were supposed to go eat at Jerry's, but he drove straight to my apartment, parked and waited.

"Dee I'm __ you should go Andrew"

Andrew??, really??, this just got too much, he never called me by my government name, ever. I figured this wasn't the best time to talk, I got out of the car and hurried inside, calling Sue ad soon as I entered my apartment, and she was over in record time.

……………....
Sue came and sat beside me on the couch, taking my hand in hers.
"So he just dropped you and left?"
Sue asked almost not believing it.

"You needed to see his face Sue, I've never seen him like that before, I really don't know what to do, I need to talk to him, I need to let him know there's nothing between Kevin and I, he needs to understand I don't see anyone else but him, I need him to talk to me Sue, do you think I should call him??".

"It's okay Peaches, he'll come around, he's probably just upset, I would be too, give him a little time but not much, call him tonight, that's if he hasn't reached out to you by then. That man loves and adores you more than anything, just relax, he'll come around okay?".

She said as she hugged me and rubbed soothing circles on my back.
"And Kevin better watch out, cause I'm breaking his nose next time I see him".
She stayed a little while with me and then left when her shift was about to start.

It was 7pm, I was laying on my bed and couldn't take the silence anymore as I decided to call him.
My heart beat faster as it began to ring, no answer, I dialed again, still no answer, I was just about to lose my mind when I heard the doorbell.

Must be the delivery man, I thought as I stood up, I ordered Chinese earlier as I didn't have the strength or zeal to prepare anything, thanks to my time at Jerry's, I was able to pick up a few things which improved my culinary skills.

Placing the food on the table, I heard the doorbell again.
'Did he forget something?', I thought as I moved to open the door again, but instead, there stood Dee, in jeans and a sweatshirt, his hair was a little messy.

"Dee..."  I didn't know what to say, he looked sick.

"Angel, hold me, please"