Chapter Twenty Three

Damon's POV

Philip???

It really was him, as I looked back at Angel who gave me a worried look and started to the driver's side, looking in that direction once again before entering the car, he was gone.

"Are you okay Dee, is something wrong?"
Angel asked as soon as I shut the door..

"Of course not baby, nothing's wrong, I just got carried away for a second thinking about the meeting I have tomorrow, I still have some work to do tonight"

I said as I kissed his head reassuringly, I couldn't possibly tell Angel I just saw Philip. I didn't want to make him worry.

Driving home, I couldn't help but think about Phil, how long has he been in town for??
He must've been the one watching me all these while..

It's not like I was still in love with him or anything but there's this strange feeling I'm having now, we were together for over two years after all, and we didn't get to have a proper closure.

I thought back to him standing at the park
With his hands in his pocket, dark clothes and a baseball hat, I couldn't make out the face but I knew that figure.
I'd recognize that body anywhere, I slept in those arms for nights on end, I did things with and to that body, once upon a time I worshiped that body and...

Damn I need a drink.. I thought as I pulled into the driveway, the ride back was silent, Angel busy with his phone probably left me to my thoughts thinking it was all work in my head.

....................
Glancing at my phone, the time read 1:23am, I stood from the desk in my home office and moved to the bedroom, I hadn't slept yet, after downing half a bottle of whiskey, worked on the meeting documents for a while, I had a lot of of time to think afterwards.

Inside the room, Angel slept ever so peacefully, I sat on the bed and caressed his hair lightly, I didn't want to wake him, watching him sleeping in my bed, in my house, it became clear to me, this was everything I wanted, everything I needed, this is it!, my whole world and desire..

I couldn't let any harm come to Angel or what we have, that would be my biggest mistake.
I didn't want anything with Phil anymore, I just needed to know what happened to us.
Watching Angel sleep gave me all the clarity I needed and I was so thankful for that.

My phone beeped in my pocket at as I stood up and walked out of the room.
A message from an unknown number.

"Hola mi amor"

I knew who it was immediately, I was kinda expecting it since I saw him earlier.

Me: "Took you long enough"
Phil: "Lol, missed me that much?"
Me: "What do you want Phil?"
Phil: "Phil?, I'm hurt, what happened to babe?
Me: " I'm going to bed"
Phil: "No you're not, you've been up thinking about me, haven't you?"
Me: "Not really, I just had work to do, I ask again, what do you want Phil, why show up now? I already totally forgot about you"
Phil: "Hahaaha, lies baby, lies. But anyway, he's cute, really cute.
I've come to see you Damon. We need to sit and talk. What do you think?
Me: " I don't think that's a bad idea, I guess I deserve that closure I never got.
Phil: " Closure?, who said anything about closure.. anyway l know you can't wait to meet me, so I'll text you the address"
Me: "Bold of you to assume I'll let you pick a date and venue, you'll wait for my text, Goodnight".

I put my phone in DnD and crawled into bed, hugging Angel from behind, I closed my eyes as I thought of how to tell Angel about this new development, we agreed not to keep secrets from each other, how was I going to tell him that Phil was back in town and was asking to see me, and that I was going to see him 'for closure'.

The more I thought about it, the more worried I became, but one thing was for sure, I was going to meet Phil.