Chapter Nine - Work

You were pulled out of your deep sleep by the sound of your alarm blaring. You slowly sat up, rubbing your face with your hands before finally turning the loud thing off. You woke up every morning at 6:30, which was way too early for your liking. You had about an hour to get ready before going to the Pizzaplex at 7:30. The Pizzaplex opened at 8:00. You honestly didn't really understand why it opened so early, I mean, who had a birthday party at 8:00 AM? I suppose if the family needed time to prepare for the party or something, going there super early could work. You just wished that you didn't have to be there so early! 

You slid out of bed, groggily walking over to the bathroom before brushing your teeth and showering. The shower woke you up a little bit, which was good but it didn't wake you up enough. You wrapped a towel around yourself and stumbled back to your room, throwing on your uniform. 

Your uniform was a plain black T-shirt with a big 'Glamrock Gifts' sprawled out on the front of it. You had a small nametag, which of course, said '(Y/n)', and some black jeans (Or leggings/sweatpants if you hate jeans) to pull the outfit all together. Honestly, you kind of liked the uniform. It was simple and comfortable. 

You looked in your mirror, making sure that you looked fine before walking downstairs. By now it was already 7:19, so you had around 10 minutes until you had to leave. Your amazing (A/n: your mom in the story is hot btw it wouldn't be the same without a hot mom) mother was either not awake yet or at work, so it was strangely quiet in the house. You sighed, deciding to make yourself a cup of coffee before grabbing your coat and keys and marching out the door. 

-----

You pulled into the snow-covered parking lot of the Pizzaplex. There were only a few other cars there since it was only 7:45, so you easily found a parking space. You finished your coffee by now, so you left your mug in the car. You wished you still had it though, or something to warm your hands with since it was cold as nuts outside. You hurriedly made your way to the doors of the establishment, shivering and almost slipping five times. 

You sighed heavily as you stepped inside, the warm air surrounding you. You made your way towards Glamrock Gifts, but then stopped outside of Rockstar row.

Oh, yeah, Monty exists. 

You stood there for a good minute, wondering if you should go say hi. What if it was awkward again? What if he didn't want to see you? You sighed and shook your head. You promised that you would visit him today! Maybe you could wait until your lunch break-

Suddenly, a much taller figure appeared in front of you. You gasped your stomach dropping. Oh no! What if it was-

Never mind, it was just Freddy.

"Freddy! You scared me half to death!" You sighed, looking up at him.

"Oh, (Y/n)! Hello! I apologize, I was on my way to prepare for a party. Why were you just standing there and staring at nothing?" He asked, looking down at you. You already had seen Freddy on your first day of working at the Mega Pizzaplex, so it was no surprise to him that you were there.

"It's all good, Freddy. I was, uhh, y'know, thinking. About... somebody.." You said slowly.

Freddy nodded, "Ah, yes, I think Monty has been thinking about you too. He seems more... upset than usual. I can hear him in his room sometimes."

"Hey, how'd you know I was talking about Monty!" You asked, eyeing him suspiciously.

"(Y/n), who else would you be talking about?" 

You sighed, "Well, you got me there, Freddy." 

You stood there for a few seconds before Freddy said goodbye and walked away. You were left alone again, in front of Rockstar Row. Maybe it wouldn't hurt to say good morning to Monty. You hesitantly took a step towards his greenroom, then another... then another. Each step felt like it took a crazy amount of effort. You were tired, and also nervous. You couldn't shake away the bad thoughts.

You eventually made it to Monty's greenroom door, and you were about to knock before it slid open. And there stood the handsome alligator in all of his glory. 

"Oh, hi." You said, staring up at him. You were able to catch a glimpse of his room behind him, which looked a lot more messed up than last time. 

"Hey, what are you doing over here? Doesn't your shift start soon?" He asked.

You nodded and gave him a grin, "Yeah, but I wanted to come and say good morning to you."

"Oh," He said, a small smile plastered onto his face, "Well, good morning! I was just about to head over to get ready for a show for this party." He stepped out of his room, the door sliding shut. 

"Really? Oh, cool." You said, beginning to walk.

He walked beside you. Most of the tension from before seemed to be gone, "Yeah, but like, who has a party at 8:00 AM? That's way too early." 

"Exactly! That's what I'm saying! I wouldn't even wake up at that time if I didn't. have to!" you replied. You guys kept walking, eventually having to part ways.

"Hey, since you're gonna be free when I'm on my lunch break, how about we catch up a little bit then? I could probably sneak over to your room." You suggested.

He shrugged, "Sure, that'd be cool. I'll see ya!" he said, before walking away to wherever he was going. 

You waved and turned to start walking to Glamrock Gifts, a smile still stuck on your face. Things didn't go nearly as bad as you thought. Maybe if you just avoided the topic of that night- the night where you were feeling dramatic and reckless so you said that you loved him even though you had only spent like five hours together- everything would be just fine. You definitely didn't need to bring that up, and you definitely didn't have the overwhelming feeling to say it again before you two parted ways, and you definitely didn't want to hold his hand while you two were walking. 

Everything would be just fine!

Probably.

A/N: I DONT KNOW IF THERES ANY SPELLING MISTAKES OR ANYTHING BUT IM TOO TIRED TO CHECK RN SO ILL CHECK TOMOROEREWS