Chapter 3

After some debate the pups and wolves decided to play on the offensive this time. Their naval power rivaled the marauders and their engineers set to work creating an airstrip to launch the Wolfpack jets and choppers. They would have defenses but the goal was wiping out the north fleet and their base.

The Wolfpack made the first move. The HMAS Hellhound with Commander Maverick powered through the water towards two of the marauders' warships accompanied by the Ranger, with the Diablo guarding the bay. Meanwhile the Midnight and Captain Zane hurtled toward the main base for a lightning raid.

The marauders' ships cruised slowly, patrolling the area. Their systems were on high alert after the convoy of Wolfpack destroyers was spotted yesterday. The captain sat in a chair on the bridge of the lead ship, surveying the surrounding ocean, when explosions sounded out from the battleship behind.

"What was that!?!?" He yelled at his crew.

"Uhhhh, I think the ship behind us is being attacked!" A crew member said scratching his head and peering at the radar.

"THEN TURN AROUND AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT YOU DIMWIT!!" the Captain hollered, a crazed look in his eye.

On board the Hellhound Maverick was calmly and clearly listing angles and ranges for the gunners. Usually this was a job for the spotters but the Commander had an uncanny knack for it. The shots hit the ship with devastating accuracy, disabling systems and blowing holes beneath the waterline. The first ship swung around to help but was cut off by the Ranger. The marauders ship was at least a decade old and not properly maintained, but the Ranger was a top of the line advanced destroyer, and the Hellhound was the most capable destroyer in active service. The difference was showing as the Wolfpack warships annihilated the patrolling ships.

In no time the pair of Destroyers fled with the lead one limping badly and the other with no hope of getting more than a kilometer.

The Midnight was built for speed, and lightning raids were Its speciality. It's long distance cannons started firing as soon as it was in range, pounding the shore and throwing up equipment and marauders like rag dolls. 10 jets whizzed overhead, launching a hail of bullets at the aircraft carrier  that was desperately trying to launch its jets. Before the big artillery cannons that dotted the shore could be manned, and before the ships docked could be crewed, the Midnight and its air support had turned and left as quickly as they arrived, leaving disarray and destruction in their wake. Inside the bridge Captain Zane smiled in satisfaction at their exemplary operation.