(17) acrophobia

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: acrophobia

The lights in the warehouse were turned off and the only light source was this piggy bank. This night was the one of the weirdest. Everything was so quiet, but no one actually slept. Almost every player was just sitting on beds without a word. The only man talking, was this christian dude who was praying all this time.

Hayoon already yelled at him three times to shut up, but he didn't care about it. The girl was almost sure, that if 240 was here, she would say something mean to him, and that thought made Hayoon smile to herself.

   Saebyeok was laying next to her on the bed. She was the second to fall asleep, with Hayoon's head on her arm. 067 had her cheek touching girl's blue hair, which were very soft to touch. Hayoon laid on Saebyeok's hand, which slowly was getting numb, but she didn't move.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

    Few hours later, the lights were turned on, and through the main doors walked soldiers, holding one coffin. All the players looked around confused. In the night, there wasn't any sound of fight, so it was a surprise that someone died.

   Soldiers came up to one of the big construction, where was hanging a man, player number 69. One of the soldier, cut the material the man was hanging on, and the body dropped on the ground. Hayoon gasped and covered her mouth with hand.

The girl looked at Sangwoo who was looked surprised. She was mad at him. He told this man all these things, that he shouldn't live, and now he's acting so surprised.

    Soldiers put the body in the coffin and piggy bank appeared again. The number of players on the screen changed, and inside the bank appeared another one million won.

"Attention players," the PA woman spoke up, "The fifth game is about to begin. All players, please follow staffs instructions and swiftly make your way towards the game hall"

Everybody left the warehouse, following soldiers. They were again in this big white room. But in the middle of it, were standing sixteen mannequins dress up in vests with numbers.

"Welcome players to the fifth game. Before we begin, please make your way down the steps, and choose one of the mannequins that you see presented in front you. Once you've chosen, take the corresponding vest"

   No one moved.

Sixteen players and sixteen numbers. It's probably the order in which they gonna play. Or maybe the odd numbers with odd numbers and even numbers with even numbers. No, it's probably not that.
   But if they will play in order, is there possibility of seeing what game is next and prepare as the last player? Or maybe there's so short time limit, so the last person won't make it.

   The first person to pick the vest, was Christian guy, who picked six.

"It was on the sixth day that God created the first man on Earth," he said "And now, I will go back to that day God made us sinless and innocent"