Chapter 5: World War Z

"Ew, Mina,
what is that?"

"Don't know,
but I dare you
to drink it..."

"Uh...no! You
couldn't pay me a
hundred dollars
to drink whatever
the fuck that is!"

"Aww, come on,
Y/N! Don't
be a pussy!"

"Fine.
Give it here..."

"Ugh, oh my God,
Mina! This tastes
like straight grass
- what the fuck
is in this?!"

"Ha, got you!
It's blended
grass water!"

"God,
you're nasty!"

The sound of Mina's voice made your eyes shoot open, and you sat up, hyperventilating. Hearing her laughter made your stomach turn, considering the last state you saw her in, and your eyes began to water. But a few seconds went by before you heard a knock at your door.

"Y/N, food's done!" Jaemin's voice announced from the other side of the door.

"I'll be out in a sec..." You managed to say without your voice cracking. You wiped away whatever tears were forming in your eyes and stood up from your bed, straightening out your shirt.

When you open the door, you make eye contact with Jaemin across the hall from you, and he notices how out of it you were. "Hey, you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just...had a dream, that's all..."

"Do you wanna talk about it?"

"To be honest, no. I'll be okay, though, don't worry...What did you guys make to eat?"

"Oh, Kun made grilled rabbit with potatoes and salad-"

"Pause," You cut him off. "Rabbit...?"

"I know it sounds fucked up, but I promise you it tastes amazing." You start walking towards the elevator leading to the ground floor.

"Nah, I'll just stick with the salad and potatoes, thanks..."

"Aww, come on..." He tried to persuade you. "Will you at least try a little bit of it?"

"You're really not gonna give up on this, are you?"

"No, I'm not."

You chuckled softly before nodding your head. "Fine, but only a small piece."

"Good, because you're not gonna regret it." The both of you laughed as you continued to walk to the elevator.

~~~~

"So, what do you think?" Kun asked you while you chewed on the small piece of rabbit in your mouth.

You hummed. "It's alright, I guess..."

"What?!" Jaemin widened his eyes.

"I knew I should've made it this time..." Kun chuckled.

"I thought you did." Jaemin turned to him.

"No, Taeyong did."