Chapter 14: All-In

October 6th, 2025
10:40 AM

"Y/N?" Jaemin knocked softly on your room door, hoping that you'd come to open it at some point. "Y/N, it's Jaemin. Are you okay?"

Silence came from the other side of the door.

None of the boys had heard or seen from you since the previous week, mainly because of how spooked and shaken you were with the evidence you gathered. Sitting on more than many photos without knowing what to do with them made your mind run amok.

Your mental state took a complete nosedive after that night; you didn't know what to think anymore. Spending sleepless nights looking over each photo altered your appearance in a way that made you almost look like one of the undead, but you hadn't looked in a mirror in a few days; you couldn't tell.

Jaemin was one of the few boys that quickly picked up on your absence and was the main one knocking on your door day-to-day to check on you. All of his attempts went ignored by you, but not on purpose – you just couldn't bring yourself to face anyone.

Jaemin even noticed that you've went days without eating and knowing that fact worried him. Worried him so much to where he made it a point to seat himself beside your door with no signs of moving.

"Hope you know I ain't leaving until you come out here, Y/N...seriously..." Jaemin heaved a sigh. "You're scaring the fuck outta me..."

"Jaemin...?" The boy turned his head further down the hallway to see Yuta and Yangyang approaching him. "What're you doing sitting out here?" Yuta asked the boy only for him to point up at your door.

Yangyang followed his finger and sighed. "She still hasn't come out yet?"

Jaemin swayed his head. "Nothing I've tried doing has worked – I'm at a loss at this point..."

"I had a feeling..." Yuta muttered before digging into his jacket pocket. "It's why I brought these." He pulled out a small ring of keys, listening to them clink as they dangled from his finger.

Jaemin's eyebrows slowly furrowed. "How did you get the deadbolt keys?"

"Swiped them off a certain somebody..." Yuta gave Jaemin a wink before he sorted through the keys, found the one designated for your room, and used it to finally unlock the door. "Y/N, it's Yuta – I'm coming in."

Upon entering the room, the trio couldn't spot anything unusual or out of place, that was until Jaemin got closer to your bedside.

You were turned away, buried underneath the comforter and it didn't look like you were moving, so Jaemin cautiously removed the blanket from over your head.

Much to his relief, you were still alive, but in a trance-like state since you still wouldn't look at any of them.

Your eyes just stayed glued to your camera.

"Is she even breathing?" Yangyang asked out of sheer curiosity.

"If she wasn't, I wouldn't be as calm as I am right now." Jaemin shook his head.

Yuta walked around to the other side of the bed so you could see his face. "Y/N? Hey, can you look at me for a sec?"

Yuta was in your peripheral vision, but your eyes still would not budge. Yuta sighed as well while Yangyang pressed his lips into a line as if he was thinking to himself.